Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Show Pickups. HUGE Steals!!!! Scans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_chromie

Dec 26, 2008
Hi, I just came back from the Toronto Card Show. The show is about 95% hockey so you have to search hard for baseball. I looked around for 20 minutes to see if I could find anything decent but nothing was found until I ran into one table and the last table at the show.

The first table had a lot of Blue Jay singles. I was hoping to find some Brad Mills buy he didn't have any so I purchased 4 Ricky Romero 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Autos for $4.00 each. Not a bad price considering he is going to be the Jays 5th starter. Here is where the steals begin. I also picked up a Matt Wieters Razor Exclusive Auto for $20.00 and as I was flipping through his binders I got a 2005 SPX Nelson Cruz Auto 102/185. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $10.00 :D There was a large assortment of other singles that I could have got steals on but I passed. The funny thing was he was bragging to me about his 2007 Bowman Signs of the Future Jay Bruce auto and how great of a card it was. He only wanted $200.00 for it. :lol:

img107.jpg

On my way out, I stopped by the last table. He didn't have much baseball and I thought about picking up a box of Contenders when I noticed a small stash of baseball. Nothing really caught my attention until the last card. I picked out the card and asked him what he wanted for it. He asked: "What does it book for in beckett?" I said I haven't looked at a beckett in months. He says he will take $5.00. I immediately throw all my change at him. Here it is:

Wait for it.....

2007 Bowman Chrome Tommy Hanson Blue Refractor 150/150 $5.00 :eek: :eek: :eek:

img110.jpg

I will be going back next month!

Dale

dale_chromie

Dec 26, 2008
Thanks for the positive replies. It was a steal I just couldn't turn down. I felt bad for about half a second but the dealer should have been aware of what he was selling. All I asked him was what he wanted for it and he gave me his answer. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it now but I will probably get rid of it at the Toronto Expo. This is a great board even though I have only been lurking here for a couple of months, I hope to participate in more discussions in the future.

Dale

Latest posts