Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which company merger/acquisition would make more sense?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Which company merger/acquisition would make more sense: Panini & Upper Deck OR Topps & Upper Deck OR Who Cares?

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Panini and Upper Deck, if they got a baseball license and then put pressure on Topps to produce better cards, too!
DANNY

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
UD and Panini - now that we know UD isn't dead and actually just acquired something valuable, it would tie-in great with Panini's exclusive NBA license.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd like all 3 mentioned to just have licenses in all sports. If I had to combine to consolidate to 2 with licenses, I'd agree a UD/Panini then a Topps, would be my choice.

Ryan

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I would vote to keep the exclusive with Topps/Bowman for baseball. The over saturation of the market in the 80's and 90's has taken two decades to repair and bring down to a natural consumption level.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would vote to keep the exclusive with Topps/Bowman for baseball. The over saturation of the market in the 80's and 90's has taken two decades to repair and bring down to a natural consumption level.

I'm not for really more products as a total, at least not a big jump, just the amount of products spread throughout the brands. For example if there are 100 products made in BB, BK, FB, spread those across 2-3 companies. So 10 BB from Topps, 10 BB from UD, 10 BB from Panini is better than 30 from Topps IMO. Same stuff we've all be talking about for years and not sure it err changes, but that's my preference.

Ryan

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
No mergers. More competition. Bring back U.D., Donruss, and Fleer. But put a cap on the number of sets each company can put out every year. This would create a level playing field and give a badly needed boost to the card industry.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
No mergers. More competition. Bring back U.D., Donruss, and Fleer. But put a cap on the number of sets each company can put out every year. This would create a level playing field and give a badly needed boost to the card industry.

From where? Donruss and Fleer are long gone.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Panini & UD would make more sense because it could alllow UD to make baseball,basketball & football products with Panini's MLBPA, NBA, NFL & Collegiate licenses, and Panini could make hockey cards with UD's NHL license.

I don't know what I would think if Toppini/Panopps merged.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
tumblr_mjxefzpAit1s8d0j2o1_500.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts