Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, some Ebay buyers are jerks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I made a mistake and accidentally listed the same card twice and did not notice it until after the auction is over. I politely asked if to cancel one of the auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0367740123

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0367739603

This is the reason I get from him:
Q: Are you kidding me? Mistaken that you only had one? Bull, you have two you would have noticed that you listed two in the first place, i bided on both because i collect everything fielder is it just because its a good deal and you dont want to combine shipping on both of them? Can we do something to make up for this? Do you have anything else in brewers? Or any other fielder base/refractors or things like that?

Wes

OG
Administrator
lisu said:
I made a mistake and accidentally listed the same card twice and did not notice it until after the auction is over. I politely asked if to cancel one of the auctions.

Q: Are you kidding me? Mistaken that you only had one? Bull, you have two you would have noticed that you listed two in the first place, i bided on both because i collect everything fielder is it just because its a good deal and you dont want to combine shipping on both of them? Can we do something to make up for this? Do you have anything else in brewers? Or any other fielder base/refractors or things like that?

I think I pulled one if you want it LMK.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
LLWesMan said:
lisu said:

I think I pulled one if you want it LMK.

Naw, don't worry about it. I'll get it resolved. He hasn't paid yet either. I just noticed when I went to send invoices and saw that I had 2 and thought that was weird that I would have 2.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Since its a .99 card, i would say just send it to him for free. You shouldn't have to deal with the guy and i bet that would get rid of him.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
the point of the thread was that she listed two of them and only has one.

unless you were suggesting she send the one for free...

mredsox89 said:
Since its a .99 card, i would say just send it to him for free. You shouldn't have to deal with the guy and i bet that would get rid of him.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
markakis8 said:

mredsox89 said:

If it were me, I would just send the 1 for free and not have to deal with the bidder. Obviously the buyer is wrong here but sometimes its just worth it to not have to deal with the buyer.

I mean you figure the buyer will leave a negative and to me thats not worth a couple bucks

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
people can be so unpleasant sometimes
had an eerily similar thing happen recently that resulted in negative fb, which is nice especially after a FULL refund plus keep the card scenario
:evil:

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
the buyer is not only being a jerk, but kind of an idiot too. You'd think he'd give you the benefit of the doubt considering your feedback.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
mredsox89 said:
markakis8 said:

mredsox89 said:

If it were me, I would just send the 1 for free and not have to deal with the bidder. Obviously the buyer is wrong here but sometimes its just worth it to not have to deal with the buyer.

I mean you figure the buyer will leave a negative and to me thats not worth a couple bucks

I'd be more inclined to send the card for free if the opposite were true, if the buyer had been understanding.

There's no way I'd reward him for being an ******* and there's no guarantees he'd not leave a negative anyway.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
fengzhang said:
mredsox89 said:
markakis8 said:

mredsox89 said:

I'd be more inclined to send the card for free if the opposite were true, if the buyer had been understanding.

There's no way I'd reward him for being an ******* and there's no guarantees he'd not leave a negative anyway.

I certainly understand. I would just do what I could to avoid the negative. If it had been any type of a big $ card, obviously the same wouldn't be true.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The buyer bid on two cards, and expects the seller to be held to the same standards as he would be held to with not placing "mistaken" bids. Since money can simply be refunded, there's no harm done though.

The buyer is definitely wrong with his reasoning here though, and is probably just trying to con some free stuff.

I wouldn't send that card for free, it doesn't mean he won't leave a negative. If he pays for both cards, just refund one. If a negative is left, reply explaining it.

Members online

Latest posts