Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lucroy and Jeffress to Rangers for Brinson/Ortiz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Edited thread title and OP.

Quite the day for Milwaukee farm system.

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Thought you had to be a 10 yr man to refuse trades??? Besides, who wouldn't want to go play for a 1'st place team in Cleveland.

I would be willing to bet that one of the reasons he was pulled was so he and his agent could talk about waiving the clause for Cleveland.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hearing Mejia, Allen and SS Yu-Cheng Chang

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Looks like crap got real as soon as I went to bed. Sounds like there might potentially be a fourth player coming back? And Lucroy may be negotiating compensation for waiving his no trade. Should be an interesting day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Looks like crap got real as soon as I went to bed. Sounds like there might potentially be a fourth player coming back? And Lucroy may be negotiating compensation for waiving his no trade. Should be an interesting day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucroy just exercised his no-trade clause and vetoed a trade to Cleveland. Holy smokes!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I think it was prospect Greg Allen. Seems like an incredibly light haul for Lucroy IMO.

Yes, I agree. That is why I was assuming Cody Allen had to be the Allen included in the trade (although it wouldn't make sense why the Brew crew was trading for another closer when they have no shot of competing). The Brewers should be happy Lucroy vetoed the trade, unless somebody else was involved that we didn't hear about.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'd think he would want to be traded to a playoff contending team, considering he hasn't been to he postseason in a handful of years..

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
I'd think he would want to be traded to a playoff contending team, considering he hasn't been to he postseason in a handful of years..
Agree but looks like he was a greedy in asking them to void his club option.

Yahoo’s Jeff Passan reports (via Twitter) that Lucroy asked the Indians to void his 2017 club option in order to hit the open market at the end of the season in order to approve the deal (Twitter link). Understandably, Cleveland was in no way willing to meet that request, as the option is a significant factor in Lucroy’s value to the club. USA Today’s Bob Nightengale, meanwhile reports that the Indians weren’t promising Lucroy that he’d be their starting catcher in 2017, which gave him pause in approving the deal. Cleveland planned to rotate Lucroy between catcher, first base and DH in 2017.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe Stearns saw the much better Miller deal and begged Luc to veto.

Members online