Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro 3000th Hit. Who is watching?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I've got a Coors Light and a recliner, waiting to see which pitcher will be the answer to a trivia question.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
How is MLB not tweeting before he comes to the plate. I've missed all his ABs so far lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Congrats to Ichiro. It shoulda been a infield single to get it, but a triple works.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
My dad was over for Family Funday Sunday, so naturally I forced everyone to watch this game. He said he hoped it would be a homerun. I told him that I'd much rather an infield single!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Since the game was in CO I was listening in on the Rockies radio network. Really neat to hear the call for hit #3000 . A triple no less, who would have thunk? Ichiro is a one of a kind player. I don't think we'll see anyone quite like him again. I thought he was probably done after a terrible year in 2015, but with him regaining a lot of his old form this year, I am looking forward to seeing how much longer he can play. Says he wants to play until he's 50. Well why not? I would love to see that. Jamie Moyer eat your heart out.

It does bug me, however, that sports outlets - even major ones - are calling him the all time leader for hits in professional baseball. I've probably read 50 times in the last few months.If you give credibility to this site - and personally I do - he's nowhere close to the top:

http://sabr.org/latest/simkus-ichiro-suzuki-minnie-minoso-and-4000-career-professional-hits

In the end it all comes down to questions like do you consider minor league hits? ***** League? Cuban League? Mexican League? Hits in the playoffs? And so on. Of course not all hits are created equal, for example it's certainly true that contemporary Japanese League competition is a very high level...much higher than A-ball in the 1960's.

My point is that the oft-repeated statement that Ichiro is the all time professional high king is just not true. It's just a fact that there are a good handful of players, whose profession it was to hit a baseball, who did it many more times than he has. This takes absolutely nothing away from Ichiro, who is just incredible and a no-brainer first-ballot HOF'er.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
How is MLB not tweeting before he comes to the plate. I've missed all his ABs so far lol

MLB probably had Ichiro 3000th hit fatigue! He's been three or fewer hits to 3000 for what, a month? ;)

Good to see he *finally* got there. Now the drama is will he be the third in a week's time to announce his retirement considering he's not getting much playing time lately.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I was lucky enough to be in attendance yesterday. The whole stadium was rooting for Ichiro in each AB and that 4th AB when he finally got the hit was such an amazing moment. It looked like it might go over the fence in right which would have made the 3000th that much more exciting but a triple was pretty damn nice. As a bonus since he hit a triple, I got to watch the celebration unfold up close as our seats were right behind the media well on the 3B side.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Since the game was in CO I was listening in on the Rockies radio network. Really neat to hear the call for hit #3000 . A triple no less, who would have thunk? Ichiro is a one of a kind player. I don't think we'll see anyone quite like him again. I thought he was probably done after a terrible year in 2015, but with him regaining a lot of his old form this year, I am looking forward to seeing how much longer he can play. Says he wants to play until he's 50. Well why not? I would love to see that. Jamie Moyer eat your heart out.

It does bug me, however, that sports outlets - even major ones - are calling him the all time leader for hits in professional baseball. I've probably read 50 times in the last few months.If you give credibility to this site - and personally I do - he's nowhere close to the top:

http://sabr.org/latest/simkus-ichiro-suzuki-minnie-minoso-and-4000-career-professional-hits

In the end it all comes down to questions like do you consider minor league hits? ***** League? Cuban League? Mexican League? Hits in the playoffs? And so on. Of course not all hits are created equal, for example it's certainly true that contemporary Japanese League competition is a very high level...much higher than A-ball in the 1960's.

My point is that the oft-repeated statement that Ichiro is the all time professional high king is just not true. It's just a fact that there are a good handful of players, whose profession it was to hit a baseball, who did it many more times than he has. This takes absolutely nothing away from Ichiro, who is just incredible and a no-brainer first-ballot HOF'er.

This. I love Ichiro. He is a rare talent that brought a lot of overseas fans to MLB, but this.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I was lucky enough to be in attendance yesterday. The whole stadium was rooting for Ichiro in each AB and that 4th AB when he finally got the hit was such an amazing moment. It looked like it might go over the fence in right which would have made the 3000th that much more exciting but a triple was pretty damn nice. As a bonus since he hit a triple, I got to watch the celebration unfold up close as our seats were right behind the media well on the 3B side.
another collector was in lower corner .

Members online

Latest posts