Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Tebow pursuing Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster Tim Tebow is actively pursuing a career in professional baseball and plans to hold a workout for Major League Baseball teams later this month, according to his agents Jimmy Sexton and Nick Khan.

For almost the past year, Tebow has been training in Arizona and Los Angeles to hone his play as a professional batter and outfielder in a sport he has not played on a full-time basis since he was in high school in 2005.

Tebow was an All-State baseball player in Florida and hit .494 as a junior.

All 30 MLB teams will be invited to Tim Tebow's workout at the end of the month as he looks to pursue a career in professional baseball.*AP Photo/Matt Slocum
"Obviously we support Tim in his pursuit of a baseball career, as we have in all his ventures," said Tebow's football agent, Sexton, who is now working with CAA baseball agent, Brodie Van Wagenen.

"Tim's athletic ability, his work ethic, his leadership and his competitiveness were evident in football and will show in baseball. Knowing Tim's passion and desire, we won't be surprised by anything he accomplishes."

Tebow -- who turns 29 years old on Sunday -- has notified his current employer, ESPN, of his desire to chase a baseball career, but he will continue to fulfill his broadcast obligations to the network.

All 30 Major League Baseball teams will be invited to Tebow's workout at the end of the month, an event he has been preparing for over the past year. Those who have seen Tebow hit have been surprised he picked up the sport so quickly after not playing it since he graduated high school in 2005.

But football coaches had been aware of Tebow's baseball prowess. One of Urban Meyer's first encounters with Tebow was on the baseball field, and college coaches knew of the quarterback's interest and talents in baseball.

Now, with Tebow's football career stalled, he has decided to pursue another one of the sports he excelled at in high school.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
If he needs a warm up, I'm sure any number of independent teams would fall all over themselves to sign him for a few games.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If he needs a warm up, I'm sure any number of independent teams would fall all over themselves to sign him for a few games.

He already has his first offer.

@jjcoop36 - "The Schaumburg Boomers, a Frontier League indy team, have offered Tim Tebow a contract to play OF sight unseen."

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
He already has his first offer.

@jjcoop36 - "The Schaumburg Boomers, a Frontier League indy team, have offered Tim Tebow a contract to play OF sight unseen."

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A friend of mine is in the Boomers front office and he feels there is little to no chance of landing him but they wanted to be the first to offer to get the publicity. As for affording him, he will probably get the standard contract and the ability to show if he can play or not plus some added incentives I assume that will be based on ticket sales etc.

Members online

Latest posts