Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ken burns baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Has anyone watched this. I must of watched it 10 times. i finally got the dvd set (though one dvd didn't work) But it is so great to see how baseball got started and how it was back in the day.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'd say it was the best series ever but The Civil War is so epic.

Pretty amazing one guy made two incredible documentaries.

I've actually never seen the extensions to the original. Remember watching the original airing with my dad.

Last edited:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I'd say it was the best series ever but The Civil War is so epic.

Pretty amazing one guy made two incredible documentaries.

I've actually never seen the extensions to the original. Remember watching the original airing with my dad.

Oh yea the civil war one was great too.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Jazz is also very good, and I don't even like jazz. But it's a (to my eyes) very deep and broad retrospective of another aspect of American culture with so many branches and deep roots.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It's on Amazon Video wth Prime if you got that too. Especially love watching the first few "innings" on a dead cold winter night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Has anyone watched this. I must of watched it 10 times. i finally got the dvd set (though one dvd didn't work) But it is so great to see how baseball got started and how it was back in the day.

Ken Burns "Baseball" is the best series I've ever seen regarding the game's history. I have every "Inning" and I make it an off-season ritual to watch the whole series! :D

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That reminds me. There's a photo used in Baseball of Ty Cobb that I've never been able to find online. IIRC, it's from the waist up, he's wearing a black suit with a couple medals pinned to his chest. I think he's resting his elbow on something. I'll see if I can screencap it, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, and can find a hopefully large version of the image online, I'd appreciate it.

And no, not this one. The medals were much larger.
attachment.php

Attachments

• tycobb-1991-1-5596.jpg
    tycobb-1991-1-5596.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 84

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
It must of been great to see a game back in 1900 to 1930. it was like raw baseball. Fields were uneven. the bases were like bags. the ball was dirty. hard playing but clean players. Players who gave it all for hardly any money. now it looks like cookie cutter fields. with players who make 25 mill and pump themselfs full of drugs.

Members online

Latest posts