Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giancarlo Stanton Out For the Remainder of the Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Grade-3 groin strain. Literally a kick in the nuts to their playoff hopes.

:sad::sad::benson:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Question - do the Marlins give serious consideration to signing A-Rod as his replacement?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Craig Davis ‏@CraigDavisRuns
Hill says #marlins will give A Rod consideration. "He's an available player. "

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A more viable choice.

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro
The #Marlins are open to all available options, and that includes Carlos Gomez.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Stanton is still very young, but he seems to be made of glass.
He may become one of those "could have been" stories of a great young player ruined by injuries who never reached his potential.

Bryce Harper's kind of like that too, except for last season.
He's hitting 100 points below last season's batting average, and he's been out lately with yet another injury.

But both guys are so young, so hopefully their bodies strengthen and they have long and successful careers.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
It seems he has a season ending injury somewhere after the All-Star game every year. One of the reasons he'll never reach that 50 HR mark I had always assumed he would.

Word. I'm more shocked when I DON'T hear news of a Stanton injury than when I do. I'm sure we'll look back in 15 years (if he can make it that long) and wonder what could've been if he could've only stayed healthy for most of his career.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Stanton is still very young, but he seems to be made of glass.
He may become one of those "could have been" stories of a great young player ruined by injuries who never reached his potential.

Bryce Harper's kind of like that too, except for last season.
He's hitting 100 points below last season's batting average, and he's been out lately with yet another injury.

But both guys are so young, so hopefully their bodies strengthen and they have long and successful careers.

"Stanton is still very young, but he seems to be made of glass."
They call him MR Glass!

Members online

Latest posts