Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Topps Mint now that its officially out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Cards are really nice especially the HOFers in the gold ink. But the price point is way way too high.

I watched a case from cardsinfinity and it was brutal. Tim Robbins was probably the best hit. I would have been furious at $900 a box for that.

But then another guy busted a case and hit a correa auto 1/1, koufax auto, tim robbins, rocky, hank aaron and kris bryant all in a case.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I started watching a case break and the first two boxes both had an Aaron Nola auto in them. That was all I needed to see.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
More Omar Cards!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMAR-VIZQUE...437910?hash=item211530c2d6:g:hMgAAOSw65FXtVrL

attachment.php

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 197

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have no idea if or when I'll see any of these cards in person, but the Golden Engravings look nice. Thinking about building that set, especially since they aren't super-shortprinted (looks like 40 is the lowest #) and the checklist is pretty good and not too large. The glove cards are also sharp, but the checklist is iffy, and they don't seem to really fit in with the rest of the set. The GU and base auto cards are unexciting, very familiar designs. Putting a MLB authentication sticker on each jersey is a good idea, though, FWIW.

I would like to get one of the drawstring bags for my MTG dice.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I think they are packaged well, but the horizontal cards bother me, because they remind me so much of the Tier One designs in years past. I only watched 2 boxes, and gotta say - if I bought box 1 for $900, I would have had nightmares! That Trout looked mega nice though in the 2nd box :) I'm not sure $900 nice, but it is purty!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Even that second box, I don't think comes close to $900.

He was flipping out, and in my mind I thought, "yeah, those are nice cards".

That's all... They're nice. They're not blow-your-****ing-mind-zomg-these-are-so-worth-$900 nice.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I watched several cases of this being busted yesterday and even the great boxes I don't think are worth $900, but with that being said, I am on the look out for a Dawson at a reasonable price.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know why this release is sticking in my craw so badly, but this one really pisses me off. Like, to the point that I feel Topps should have to answer to some government body for swindling people. I'm probably over-reacting, but I remember finding better stuff in a case of UD Exquisite for the price of one of these boxes.

I'm probably just ornery today.

Members online

Latest posts