Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Multi-Player Rookie Card Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Hey guys! Just posted another article. Some fun customs of Rose, Schmidt, Ryan, Ripken and yours truly are included. It takes a long time formatting everything to show here, so here is a link:

http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/2016/08/multi-player-rookie-card-problem.html

holder.jpg

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Cool customs, but would have been near impossible for Topps to have gotten the MLB material for a GU rookie card given their card production methods of the 60's-80's. I can imagine them badly airbrushing minor league patch pieces with the big league team's colors, like the hats on the cards.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Cool customs, but would have been near impossible for Topps to have gotten the MLB material for a GU rookie card given their card production methods of the 60's-80's. I can imagine them badly airbrushing minor league patch pieces with the big league team's colors, like the hats on the cards.

Oh yeah, they'd totally have to be repros and not when they were made back then. However, could you imagine if they DID do something like this in the 60s and 70s?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, as a Dodger collector, those can be a real PITA, especially Rose/McMullen. I also don't have the Bart Shirley RC, but that is more because it is a SP Hi#, not because Grant jackson was a stellar HOFer.

I enjoyed the 65 Topps Dodger only 4 player RC or when they had 2 players from the same team (64, 65, 66, 67, etc). Lots of gems hidden in those multiplayer cards though, often one of the only card appearances by some of the players. You gilt that 77 Topps Kevin Pasley RC…hell yeah, but he shares it with some guy named Murphy!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Thanks :) For those of you who don't want to click, here is the eye candy ...

holder2.jpg

holder3.jpg

holder4.jpg

holder5.jpg

Members online

Latest posts