Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Advice From the USA Buffs

2009 USA Case - Flip or Bust?

• Leave sealed and flip closer to the draft.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I picked up a sealed 2009 USA case at what I'd consider to be a good price ($600 dlvd for a 5-set case).

As you all no doubt know, Strasburg's cards have been going berserk. However, he doesn't have a whole lot of presence throughout the product (several of his cards were yanked at the last minute).

Wondering whether it's worth it to bust it or not. Docsilvey told me he's busted several cases and didn't hit any of the "bigger" Strasburg autos. No Harpers, either.

Curious to get input.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
The base sets alone should get you anywhere from 35-45 per.

I busted one box open and was pretty lucky to pull a Stassi Q+A /20, Tate Q+A/20, and Tate base/175. Match those with the fact that set collectors were going after the patch-autos (of which I pulled two commons), and I had a break that I more than made up for, without hitting Harper or Strasburg.

I'd bust one at a time, hoping your first or second set proves to be a biggy.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
jp, looks as if you could sell the base set for $50 now, right? that's $250 returning right there which means, you are looking at $350 for 60 autos and game used combined. instead of thinking that it costs $120 per box, think more towards $70 with the return that you get from the base set

with that said, would you be willing to bust these at $70 per box now for a chance at strasburg or lineup autos or at least 1 big hit?

honestly, if i were in your shoes right now, i'd be busting right now!

dave

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I would say bust. Your looking at 7 hits for around $70, so it's worth the risk. If you don't hit the Strasburg or Harper, your probably not going to break even on the case. If you do hit one, you can stop and sell the rest. Remember there is also Tate and Stassi which are selling pretty well right now, as well as the nice patch autos.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Bust without question... I just looked at the prices of the base sets with a severe uptick in sales recently. I can only imagine how you would do with 6 up at one time, whether you BIN/BO them, or just let each set, or lots of two ride at a 10 day auction listed Thursday night.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
bballcardkid said:
cowboysrule48 said:
Break it, pull the Gibson green and sell it to me!

No, me!! :p

You still want to sell your sig? You have to save up for next years Final 4.

Nope not anymore. It would have to be an incredible offer, since I'm not prospecting him but starting to build a player collection. Blame UConn for not being able to get them haha.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cgilmo said:
bust it all

grade now, to get ready for the draft

How's the overall condition of the autos? The base and auto patch Harpers I own are extremely condition sensitive, due to chipping on the back edges.

Haven't busted any of this to date, so I needed to ask.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Well, the best Strasburg has been pulled and sold(1/1 Flag), atleast one green is still out there I believe, one might have sold, not sure. Tate flag pulled, no Harper IHOW yet, that we know of. I'd say bust it, but if you pull a Harper IHOW, you probably won't sell it to me, which will make me very angry. ;)

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Jaypers said:
I picked up a sealed 2009 USA case at what I'd consider to be a good price ($600 dlvd for a 5-set case).

As you all no doubt know, Strasburg's cards have been going berserk. However, he doesn't have a whole lot of presence throughout the product (several of his cards were yanked at the last minute).

Wondering whether it's worth it to bust it or not. Docsilvey told me he's busted several cases and didn't hit any of the "bigger" Strasburg autos. No Harpers, either.

Curious to get input.

Looking at your sig I noticed this card on EBAY.. How high will it go?

[ebay:1521akqh]310130561285[/ebay:1521akqh]

58.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pinbreaker said:
Jaypers said:

Curious to get input.

Looking at your sig I noticed this card on EBAY.. How high will it go?

[ebay:1cwnuxg6]310130561285[/ebay:1cwnuxg6]

58.jpg

No idea, but God, do I hope for the best for that one. Bought mine for a pittance.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Jaypers said:
Brett Keith said:
Well, the best Strasburg has been pulled and sold(1/1 Flag)

What did it sell for?

Well after it was listed originally, when I had the best offer, it was put in the stores. Finally I contacted the guy and asked what it would take to get it, the next day it's gone at $750 or around there.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
JP,

I'd bust it. His regular jersey card sells for $150+ and that's relatively easy to pull. And selling 6 of his base cards along with 6 of Bryce Harper's base cards would make up almost 1/4 of the case price.

Allen

braves2008champs

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="Brett Keith":23obyrar]Well, the best Strasburg has been pulled and sold(1/1 Flag)

What did it sell for?

Well after it was listed originally, when I had the best offer, it was put in the stores. Finally I contacted the guy and asked what it would take to get it, the next day it's gone at $750 or around there.[/quote:23obyrar]

good price, or no?

seems like his stuff went into ridiculis levels the next day or two after it sold