Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling an item with a bad title

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Well, some people create the auction first and add details, like name, set, #, etc., later. It's possible he's one of those, and someone placed a bid before he got around to changing the title. But doubtful. There is no indication of revisions on his other auctions.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This looks like the first thing he has sold in over a year, and most of that was football or toys.

I haven't looked at EVERYTHING he's sold, but it could be that he doesn't exactly know what he has.

Still, no name in the title is odd.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
This looks like the first thing he has sold in over a year, and most of that was football or toys.

I haven't looked at EVERYTHING he's sold, but it could be that he doesn't exactly know what he has.

Still, no name in the title is odd.

he has probably just goofed and not realized it yet

he knew enough to get it graded

he has bryant stuff as well

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
Sometimes I take pictures on my phone and save them using the app. Then I can type description and fill in product details on my computer which is much easier/familiar for me. The title almost seams like a brief label for the pictures.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Shortest title I've ever seen. When I'm looking for a card I like a nice title and informative description. Or he could be banking that the card will sell itself. This will be fun to see how high it goes.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Well, some people create the auction first and add details, like name, set, #, etc., later. It's possible he's one of those, and someone placed a bid before he got around to changing the title. But doubtful. There is no indication of revisions on his other auctions.

A little bit off-topic, but I absolutely hate the new look of how ebay has you start out selling an item. It wants you to enter what you're selling and then it automatically finds the sub-categories and also similar items and whatever you typed in that you want to sell, then automatically becomes your title. A lot of times, once I get to the main listing page, I go back and adjust the title. Maybe he did that and forgot to fix his title. I just want to be able to manually select my category, then go to the listing page and manually enter the title then the rest of the selling form.

Members online