Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors: How many augraphed baseballs do you have of your guy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I only bring it up, because I just got my 6th--wow, 6th!--autographed baseball of my main player collection, Gary Gaetti. Didn't realize it was my 6th until I put it with the others. Here is my newest one...

Dated 1989 at the top, with this inscription above (not to mention the fish symbol with the signature)

As a Gaetti fan, this is a significant auto because of Gary's public conversion to Christianity in 1989. To many, it was the end of the "Rat" as we knew it. It also put a strain on the friendship between him and buddy Kent Hrbek. Made it easy for Gary to leave town following the 1990 season. I couldn't pass it up.

So here's a group photo--

Three on OALB, one 87 World Series, one deBeer Official baseball (the one with the "Haiti" mark below the stitching.) and one deBeer & Son Little League ball. (Top Left) Oddly enough, it probably is the best signature out of the lot! That was the one that got me started on it all.

So how many auto'd balls of your player do you have? Let's see the group photos!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Do you have different samples from different times of his career? I only collect Gaetti sigs with his early "Circle G" style. His current signature uses a "Cursive G." It's part of the fun to me as a collector, to find new "older" signatures, that I know are from his early days.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Zero. Oddly never felt the need to add one (but also Jeff Cirillo apparently can not center is signature on a baseball, or he refuses to maybe). I have consider picking up a Dale Sveum with a nice inscription but he's a gracious free signer so haven't leaned toward purchasing. Just more focused on cards I guess, but I do have some GU stuff

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I tend to avoid them because of storage issues. I prefer cards. But those are pretty amazing. I never thought about the different kinds of baseballs that I could get some of my guys on.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I do not have any of the guys I collect. I do need to pick up a McGriff signed ball. I would really like to have a bat as well to some day.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Do you have different samples from different times of his career? I only collect Gaetti sigs with his early "Circle G" style. His current signature uses a "Cursive G." It's part of the fun to me as a collector, to find new "older" signatures, that I know are from his early days.

Holly!!! I didn't know you hoarded outside of cards. How cool.

Dawson does have a slightly different auto from his earlier playing days, but I am not picky, I collect it all. All of the balls I have so far are from after he changed his sig and I hoard everything Andre Dawson lol. I have his auto on a Hall of Fame baseball, an All Star baseball, a Gold Glove baseball, a 1990 Cubs signed baseball, a dual sign with Nolan Ryan with an inscription of Dawson being his 3500 strike out, a ball with five former Cubs who are all in the Hall with Hall of Fame inscriptions.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've got 2: My 1989 World Series game used baseball signed by the team (Canseco was the last one to sign, and I had him sign it myself.) and my other 1989 World Series baseball (not game used) - he personalized it To my bash brother "Tanner". Yeah, he quoted my name for some reason LOL

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I've got 2: My 1989 World Series game used baseball signed by the team (Canseco was the last one to sign, and I had him sign it myself.) and my other 1989 World Series baseball (not game used) - he personalized it To my bash brother "Tanner". Yeah, he quoted my name for some reason LOL

Very cool

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I have three of Jay Bruce. Could have bought as many as I wanted for next to nothing when he was traded to the Mets.

Fordman

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
3 Frymans for me. I had him sign my Tigers baseball when I met him his rookie year in 1990. The other 2 I have picked up randomly.
FrymanTigersBall2.jpg

FrymanPizzaHutBall.jpg

FrymanAutoBall.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
9 if Im remembering them all:

2011 ASG logo ball
2013 ASG logo ball
2013 Home Run Derby game used ball
2011 ROMLB inscribed All Star
2013 ROMLB inscribed All Star
2009 Game Used ball from his hitting for the cycle vs Brewers May 22nd
2011 9th HR of the season game used ball
2013 Game Used hit ball from his 27 game hitting streak
2010 Game Used ball from inaugural season at Target Field

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I've only got one...but it is the only auto I have of The King with is jersey number inscribed out of everything that I have. Courtesy of MTSS by the insanely generous resident twerking pal Jeff aka [MENTION=1974]IndyManning18[/MENTION] :

IMAG0139.jpg

Members online