Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any MLB.tv Subscribers Here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Hey all....

I subscribed to MLB.com's premium package two years ago when it first came out and was semi-pleased. The think that irked me was that my Brewers were blacked-out away and home.

Anyone know a good way around this? :)

Also, any comments on your experience last season would be great. I am also wondering how it works over a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Thanks.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
lol, I tried changing my address to a different state on MLB.com to suit my baseball viewing needs. It didn't work.

So it goes by IP address and not the zip code of the billing address? I was going to try and have someone sign up in Minn. and see if it got me the Dodgers games here in LA.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Bigfan5 said:
sportscardtheory said:
lol, I tried changing my address to a different state on MLB.com to suit my baseball viewing needs. It didn't work.

So it goes by IP address and not the zip code of the billing address? I was going to try and have someone sign up in Minn. and see if it got me the Dodgers games here in LA.

I think that's it. I so want to watch Yankees, Indians and Mets games... but I can't. Not even when they are away is what aggravates me the most.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
sportscardtheory said:
Bigfan5 said:
sportscardtheory said:

I think that's it. I so want to watch Yankees, Indians and Mets games... but I can't. Not even when they are away is what aggravates me the most.

yeah! I bought a month subscription to cover me for the opening of the season, but if I can't get Brewer games I'm not sure I would continue again......

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
sheetskout said:
yeah! I bought a month subscription to cover me for the opening of the season, but if I can't get Brewer games I'm not sure I would continue again......

things are not going to change - bonehead selig and the owners tabled looking at and potentially reworking the blackout issue for 2009.

the workaround? watch the game in the archive or listen to the ueck-man live with gameday audio.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
disengager said:
I think I am getting MLB Extra Innings on Comcast for my bday. Does anyone know what the blackout restrictions are?

PM or post your zip or city/state and I should be able to find out what teams are blacked out for you. Same blackout rules as MLB.TV.

Also blacked out from EI/MLB.TV are Saturday games starting before 7pm ET or so (FOX window) and Sunday games starting after like 5pm ET (SNB window, except for the sunday of the espys where the blackout window starts much earlier due to ESPN's earlier Sunday Night Baseball telecast before the espys)

Members online