Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you think on the price of this item (Big Papi)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Hey everyone,

My family and I have been Red Sox fans for over a decade and we are enjoying very much Big Papi's farewell season. We even saw him live at the All-Star Game this year. We don't have an autograph of him yet and my father was taking a look in MLB Shop

$449.99

thumb.aspx

What do you think of the price? Do you think there could be a better deal for that amount?

Thank you very much. Not used to making a purchase that big.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd say you can find a legit Ortiz ball, even similar to what is pictured there (All-star ball , possible inscription etc), in the 150-250 range. Then you can spend a few bucks on a nice case etc. Basically I think you can save up to $200 or so.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Is that game-used in the ASG, or just a general ASG ball? If it is the former, that is a decent price for a cool piece. If it is the latter, I agree with Rstadler that you could find something comparable for a better price. Not sure, I haven't looked.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Is that game-used in the ASG, or just a general ASG ball? If it is the former, that is a decent price for a cool piece. If it is the latter, I agree with Rstadler that you could find something comparable for a better price. Not sure, I haven't looked.

General ASG.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm in agreement with the others. I don't think a general AS ball from this year carries enough significance for the premium price (unless it has a major emotional appeal to you).

For that price I think that you could probably find something a little more unique, maybe something tied to a WS team. Of course it all depends on what makes you the happiest. A huge part of this is sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online