Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who should win the awards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
We're approaching the end of the season and I thought it would be fun to consider who should win the awards.

One can consider who is most likely to actually win, but here I'd like to focus on who you believe is the most deserving.

Here's what I have:

NL MVP: Kris Bryant - He has a big lead in WAR. Could reach 40 homers, and should have no problem getting 100 RBI. Plays multiple positions, and is just a young stud.
NL Cy Young - After tonight's game I think that Lester is the most deserving, although Scherzer is a pretty close 2nd. Wish Kershaw would have had a few more starts because his seasons has been historic.
NL ROY - Corey Seager - Over 70 XBH. An MVP candidate in his 1st season.

AL MVP - Mike Trout - 5th straight season as the best player in baseball. It's a joke that he's only won 1 MVP. WAR over 10 for the season. .440 OBP.
AL Cy Young - Corey Kluber - what a strange race. Top few in wins, ERA, WHIP and K's.
AL ROY - Michael Fulmer - Leads the AL in ERA. In a weak race, he's had a really solid season, enough to hold of Gary Sanchez.

Who do you have?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
NL MVP Bryant easily
NL Cy Young is way too close but I think Lester gets it
NL ROY I think Seager gets it but I'd vote Turner
AL MVP I think Mookie wins but I'd go Trout
AL Cy Young Britton
AL ROY Gary Sanchise

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
AL MVP - David Ortiz - .321 avg., 37 homers, 124 rbi and 1st in OPS and doubles.
Heart and soul and undisputed leader of 1st place Boston, and having a historic season.

AL Cy Young - Rick Porcello - 22-4, 3.11 era and leading the AL in WHIP.

AL ROY - Michael Fullmer - AL leader in era.

NL MVP - Daniel Murphy - .347, 25 homers, 104 rbi, 1st in NL in OPS, Slg% and doubles.
Took over as leader of 1st place Nationals when Harper faltered.
(Bryant's not even leading his own team in rbi and has similar stats to Rizzo. I think Bryant will win anyway, but Murphy is more valuable because the Cubs have so many stars.)

NL Cy Young - Jon Lester - 19-4, 2.26 era

NL ROY - Corey Seager - .313 avg, 26 homers, 3rd in hits, 4th in doubles

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
AL MVP - I think Ortiz Betts and Trout are the most likely I'd personally go with Ortiz just based on numbers but I think the year that Betts has had will hurt Ortiz in the voting
AL Cy Young - I'd go with Porcello
AL ROY - Fulmer

NL MVP - I think it's a toss up between Murphy and Bryant personally, ultimately I'd go with Bryant
NL Cy Young - For me Lester's had the best season; 19-4 with a 2.28 ERA
NL ROY - Tough to go against the year Seager's had; 190 hits, 26 HR's and batting .316 very impressive

elmontny

Mar 2, 2012
NL MVP Kris Bryant
AL MVP Jose Altuve
NL Cy Max Schrezer
AL Rick Porcello
NL ROY Corey Seager
AL Gary Sanchez

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
for AL MVP I vote Betts. I agree trout is the top player but v is for valuable, take him off the Angels and they're still bad. I'm a red Sox fan but I could never vote a DH for MVP, I don't care if it's a position or how much David mashes he misses most of the game.

AL CY goes to kluber, mostly because I can't be a homer for both, porcello was great but I think kluber edges him.

AL ROY Fulmer, I can't see giving it to Sanchez for two months, even though they were historically great.

NL MVP I'd love to say Arenado but again v is for value, should be an interesting vote, I think it's Bryant's to win, above average D at multiple spots plus the bat.

NL CY I'd vote scherzer but I think Lester wins.

NL ROY seager in what should be unanimous but probably won't because treatment Turner will get a couple and maeda might even still a couple.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Betts, Porcello, Fulmer (I bet the Mets wish they still had him, with all their rotation issues!).
Bryant (I suppose, but this year I think Arenado was better), Scherzer (go to hell Lester), Seager.

AL Cy Yuk: James Shields
NL Cy Yuk: James Shields

AL LVP: ARod
NL LVP: Somehow, Gerardo Parra had a WAR of -3. You can sit on the bench touching yourself inappropriately all season and not have a WAR that poor.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What's with Kluber getting so much support? Porcello has him beat in ERA, wins and WHIP. Porcello's also leading the AL in WHIP.
Kluber just has him beat in strikeouts, and if you're going to value Ks so high, then Verlander has Kluber beat in both strikeouts and ERA, so he's a better Cy Young candidate than Kluber.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Murphy has greater VALUE to his team than Bryant.

Take each away from his team, Cubs still win the division and the Nats are looking up at the Mets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts