Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Case Breakers Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I see tons of case breakers on eBay and have participated in less than maybe 5.

Question is: If you get a card with three players on it, for sake of argument, Jay Bruce, Joey Votto & Brandon Phillips. No one buys into the Votto or Phillips in the break. The aforementioned card is pulled, rules state multiple player cards are randomized, does the 'house' get 66% of the card in the randomizer or since there wasnt any buy in to the other two players, the card goes to the player that did buy in? I dont see in the rules where it states anything with the scenario presented. What has been your experience with breakers for you experienced participants?

Fordman

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I have broken with many people over the years, and they all have their own rules. In your specific example, I have seen where it automatically goes to the first sold spot, were there is a random among the sold spots (no house), and I have also seen where the house gets 66% (or whatever the % is) in a random. I have also seen were the first player on the top or right automatically gets the card. One final method I have seen is that dupes for the card are distributed in the order of appearance of the player on the card so no one person gets all of them (assuming there are dupes). So, for your example, I have seen it done many different ways. Although, my breaks are typically team not player breaks.

Bottom line, know the rules and go with someone you trust. If there is a specific card you are looking for, eBay trumps breaks 95%+ of the time.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
The way I do it is , Whoever paid the most for the player gets the card (I sell breaks on ebay)..
If only one of the 3 players sold, then that's the guy who gets it as they paid the most for their player.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts