Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Holliday HOF Worthy ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I know I am biased as a Cardinals fan. My vote is yes.
He has hit just shy of 2,000 hits and 295 homers. The most
surprising stat is 107 career stolen bases.
I honestly think he will get picked up by a team next year
so he can add to those career stats. As a Cardinals fan I wish him the
best next year. ( I honestly hope he will take less money to return to STL)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No chance. Holliday turns 37 in a few months and has fewer than 2000 hits and 300 homers, and that's with several big years at Coors Field.

A 37-year-old outfielder who hit .246 with 62 rbi this season won't be in much demand as a free agent market this offseason, so he doesn't have much time left to pad his numbers.

And an outfielder needs huge offensive numbers to make the Hall of Fame. There are dozens of great hitters with far superior stats who didn't come close to making the HOF.

Baseball Reference's list of most comparable players are:

1. Dante Bichette,
2. Magglio Ordonez
3. Brian Giles
4. Moises Alou
5. Adrian Gonzales

I know you're a big fan and I'm sorry to be harsh, but Holliday has absolutely no shot, and judging from previous elections, I'd be shocked if he gets over 20% of the vote.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This is a firm NO for me.

He had a very underwhelming career with the Cardinals.

He never played to his potential.

Superstar money, and he was never a superstar.

He's getting all the accolades right now because his time is up in St. Louis, but in my opinion his time with the Cardinals was an extreme disappointment, and he's not HOF worthy by any means.

He was never the leader of the team, he rarely ever made an impact in clutch situations. Just very underwhelming to me.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
There is not a chance in hell that Matt Holliday even sniffs the HOF ballot. Literally I do not even expect him to get enough of a percentage to stay on 1 years. Holliday was a disappointing player. Decent but if he is going to the hall of fame it will be to take his family on a trip.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Wasn't a huge fan just figured I would throw the question out there.
I think we all expected better power numbers from him. I will say that
for most years he did bat 300. However he did have defensive lapses.
My guess is he will catch on as a DH in the AL next year.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Not only will he not make it, he will be dropped off the ballot after the first time for not receiving five percent of the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
He's a good player and he'll probably be remembered as a solid player for his era but I can't possibly see him in the HOF

Members online

Latest posts