Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crazy baseball salaries.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Rangers just signed Andrew Cashner for one year, $10 million.

Going 5-11 with a 5.25 era in 27 starts this season earns you $10 million?
Are innings all that matter?

The Rangers are getting a 30-year-old pitcher that was 11-27 with a 5.00 ERA over the past 2 years.
Is there seriously no one in their farm system who projects better than that, and could save them $9.5 million next season?

What is up with these salaries? Just go out there every five days, it doesn't matter how much you suck, just get those starts and innings, and earn $10 million!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He took the 10mil offer as pitching for the Home Run Derby only payed 9mil. :|

...in all seriousness though I agree, the only reason I don't cringe more at some of these deals is its not my team.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
There are relievers making $10 million.

There's a lot more money to go around now, and a dollar isn't worth what it used to be.

Look at the F'ing BUMS in the NBA making $18 mil a year.

Flyers16

Aug 21, 2015
Ontario Canada
The trend this free agent season is to spend big on relievers and to be frugal on the big boppers. It might be indicative of what had been successful to get to the World Series the past few years. And the increased analysis on the performance of players over 30.

Members online