Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beef's Q&A Thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
1-45.jpg

I'm bored, just read Sports Guys mailbag, so I figured I would start my own on here. Ask any questions on any sports or really anything and I will give my opinion. I'm doing this in General and Baseball since I know that stuff best probably.

First a thought to start it, I don't know why but when I wanted to think of what to put here, Mike Schmidt's crying retirement speech popped in my head.

[youtube:ic196dqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPLJQuVm_I[/youtube:ic196dqg]

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
I have a question for Beefy:

Now that Nick Markakis has signed with the O's for the next six years, do you think I will get the chance to see Nick in the ole blue and orange before the end of the world? Granted, the world will be ending by Dec 21, 2012, so any chance he'll be traded before then to my beloved Mets? Just need to know If i should just give up collecting him If he pulls a Ripken and stays in Baltimore forever.

Thank you

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
chrome_ball said:
Q: What do you think about the Tigers placing Dontrelle Willis on the DL with an "Anxiety Disorder"?

I think the Anxiety disorder was more their front office wondering what the hell to do with a pitcher they have to pay 22 million to this year that has an ERA almost as high as the millions he is owed. When you are bad enough right now that my Grandfather who mostly only watches the Red Sox goes "How do you go from All Star to that bad?" when he saw that the D Train had a DL anxiety trip.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
starwarsfan2003 said:
I have a question for Beefy:

Now that Nick Markakis has signed with the O's for the next six years, do you think I will get the chance to see Nick in the ole blue and orange before the end of the world? Granted, the world will be ending by Dec 21, 2012, so any chance he'll be traded before then to my beloved Mets? Just need to know If i should just give up collecting him If he pulls a Ripken and stays in Baltimore forever.

Thank you

If Omar didn't sign Manny, you won't see Nick on the NY team I don't hate. If Omar is gone and the Orioles struggle to draw still maybe, but Baltimore is definitely one of the top contenders to rebound as a team in the near future.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions Sir Beef.

Do you believe that Albert Pujols is 29 years old?

I asked my friend Patxi who is from the Dominican about this, he said "No way dude, I don't even believe my own Dominican birth certificate"

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
...this is just too tempting.... :lol: :lol:

When will the technology be in place to unfreeze Ted Williams so he can play for our beloved Sox again??

Around the time they fit 100,000 in Fenway... So probably 2015....

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
ThoseBackPages said:

I asked my friend Patxi who is from the Dominican about this, he said "No way dude, I don't even believe my own Dominican birth certificate"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work Beefy. My question is what's the over/under on the number of games CC Sabathia pitches for the Yankees before going on the DL as a result of arm strain from his He-Man like effort down the stretch for the Brew Crew last year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If it takes 180 chipmunks to make a baby elephant a fur coat, how long will it take a cockroach with a wooden leg to crawl through a bar of kitchen soap?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
Do you see Gaby Sanchez and Dallas McPherson putting up any kind of meaningful numbers this year for the Marlins, or will they merely be AAAA types?

To answer this honestly I wouldn't be able to consider the Marlins the Red Sox AAAA Affiliate. I just can't do that.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Billy Packer said:
beefycheddar said:
ThoseBackPages said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work Beefy. My question is what's the over/under on the number of games CC Sabathia pitches for the Yankees before going on the DL as a result of arm strain from his He-Man like effort down the stretch for the Brew Crew last year.

The Brewers realized that they had given up Laporta for a rental so they beat CC worse than Daniel Larusso was after the Halloween dance in Karate Kid. Was it worth it for them? Time will tell, that trade could go down worse than the Sox getting Larry Anderson. I think CC will be on the DL sometime in late July/Early August. He will make it back just in time to prove how horrid a pitcher he is in games that matter.