Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FAKE-simile autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Been on an autographed ball kick lately.

In my searches, I keep coming across this sellers auctions, where he is selling "facsimile" autographs.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/perfectgame...jvgAAOSwaB5XoUML&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

When I looked at the auction, actually all his auctions, it looks like a forger-in-training. He's practicing forging counterfeit autographs, although terribly, then selling them as "facsimile" autographs. This has to be against some kind of rule. I mean, even though he isn't trying to pass them off as real, his buyers couldn't possibly want these garbage fakes unless they had bad intentions. Also, why would you be practicing forging autographs unless one day, when they got good enough, you planned to try to pass them off as authentic.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Totally not okay, he is distributing counterfeit items.

Facsimile on balls is traditionally a computer or printed font not hand written with ballpoint pen - probably trying to break even for all the MLB balls he bought, forged sigs on and couldn't sell as "authentic"

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Yup, I've seen them selling "facsimile" Mariano Rivera autos. Seller perfectgametreasures is a complete P.O.S. He also sells "real" autos of celebrities. Meaning they're fake he just doesn't say it.

If anyone ever needs an opinion on a Mariano auto just ask me.

Scott F

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Fortunately, looking at his completed auctions, 95% of his forgeries are not selling.
But the only way crooks like this can get kicked off of eBay is if lots of people report him, so hit the Report link and tell eBay to ban him.