Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-:-:-:-:-Thursday Morning Thread-:-:-:-:-:-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning. Heading back down to our other mill today. It's really tough to do some of that work when you can't move your head much due to a stiff neck. Thankfully the guy I've been going down there with understands, but the guys down there don't. It's also frustrating when we see what they can do to be more efficient, but when we talk to them about it, they don't understand where we are coming from. They complain about working the weekends, but yesterday they all left around 4. If it were me, I'd rather put in a couple of hours each day by staying late instead of going in on the weekends. End rant.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Hopefully today wont be nearly as eventful as yesterday!

Good morning. Heading back down to our other mill today. It's really tough to do some of that work when you can't move your head much due to a stiff neck. Thankfully the guy I've been going down there with understands, but the guys down there don't. It's also frustrating when we see what they can do to be more efficient, but when we talk to them about it, they don't understand where we are coming from. They complain about working the weekends, but yesterday they all left around 4. If it were me, I'd rather put in a couple of hours each day by staying late instead of going in on the weekends. End rant.

While I agree with you in theory, the guys doing the heavy lifting need to rest their bodies after 8 hours of heavy work. The body can only take so much in 1 day. Sure, you can work 12 hours doing heavy-hard labor and have the weekend off but you spend your Saturday resting and broke down from the week before. Many studies on the work-body-mind and they all usually end up the same, 8 hours is the threshold to put in a full but not over doing it day.

Fordman

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning all
if everyone is busy and putting in the same effort, 8 hrs should be good. I've been in the situation where I work 10-12 while everyone else works 8 and accomplishes nothing but the bare minimum. unfortunately the majority of people around here anyway don't know a decent work ethic and managers allow the incompetence

Members online

Latest posts