Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I really miss good monthly shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I went to a monthly show today and man did it blow. Small room where a third were coin dealers and nearly nothing else of note. I REALLY miss the two monthly shows I used to attend.

Mid 90s to early 00s there was a monthly mall show nearby and it rocked. Wax, singles, great prices etc all were there.

And because it was a mall show, free admission and open day and night over a weekend every month.

Then I started going to one about an hour away and it was fun too, and this was only several years ago.

Use to enjoy getting breakfast beforehand and arriving there at the opening and bs with the dealers.

That show started to suck though and eventually was sold to the promoters of the show I went to today.

Just kind of depressing knowing there's no good, even passable monthly shows nearby and longer.

DTA

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
oh man back in the mid 90's to early 2000's they rocked at the malls. tuns of dealers and lots to do. Now? maybe 3 dealers and always have the same crap for tuns of money :-(

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
We have a monthly show in Cincinnati. I usually hit it up about every 2nd or 3rd month or it becomes stale. The dealers have a love/hate for the January show. Since there is a big show on thanksgiving weekend, they don't have a show in December. So the shows start back in January. The dealers love the restart of the shows but people are still stinging from Christmas bills and the dealers are about a week away from new wax being released. All in all, the shows are decent minus a few scumbag dealers I used to deal with 20 some odd years ago.

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts