Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Dexter Fowler make the team out of ST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I know that there was some talk about him supposed to making the team out of Spring Training and quite a few people are high on him. However, it seems like he isn't doing that well in ST (at least from the statlines I've seen). Does he still have a shot? I haven't read much about him lately and was wondering if anyone has heard anything.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he is hitting pretty well for his age, and where he is on the ladder.. that being said, I think we might see him in AAA to start off. It will be nice seeing him in Atlanta area (Gwinnett) this year. He is a great guy.. Met him back in December.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Both he and Rasmus are two guys I thought would solidify themselves as starters during spring training. Obviously, both are disappointing but for each the learning curve and talent need to catch up with each other.

Making the team out of spring training says a lot, but let's not forget Fowler (and Rasmus for that matter) have lost time due to injury. There's no reason they won't be stars on their respective teams, it just might not be in April.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bikerider60 said:
Who is this Dexter, I've been reading a lot about Him? Another Mantle, Mays or Aaron ? Clue me in.........

probably none of the above

its a dumb idea to compare a prospect to an icon (not saying you are making that comparison, but rather addressing anyone who does.)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
cgilmo said:
bikerider60 said:
Who is this Dexter, I've been reading a lot about Him? Another Mantle, Mays or Aaron ? Clue me in.........
probably none of the above
its a dumb idea to compare a prospect to an icon (not saying you are making that comparison, but rather addressing anyone who does.)
Bikerider60 is kidding.
He has a few sweet Fowler cards, including a nice Hawaii Winter Baseball card of him.

Members online