Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-:-:-:-:-:-:-Thursday Morning Thread-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
TimeFrontCover-400x397.png

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Opened 3 blasters of Heritage yesterday. The best card(s) were a Yellow Back Aaron Sanchez (Blue Jays), Joe Mauer Relic & Paul Goldschmidt ref /568 & 8 high numbered SP's.

Enjoy All!

Fordman

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Morning... anyone want to come fix my transmission ? I f'ing hate cars.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Good morning! Shortprint wishes and cardboard dreams to everyone.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just not shifting? Manual or Automatic? Lots could be wrong.

Fordman
After it warms up for a few mins, when you try to accelerate from a stop it jerks a few times then slowly gains speed. Also will not go into reverse it seems. It's an automatic.

Ryan

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Ryan I feel you on the car front, mine is getting herky jerky too, although reverse is still working. My passenger side windshield wiper stopped working last week though, I'm not a car guy and I can't wait for teleportation.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
After it warms up for a few mins, when you try to accelerate from a stop it jerks a few times then slowly gains speed. Also will not go into reverse it seems. It's an automatic.

Ryan

First off, pull the trans dip stick. Look at the fluid. Make sure it doesnt have any grit or feel gritty. Then smell it (yes smell it). If it smells burnt, then you need a new automatic clutch.

If the fluid doesnt smell burnt or you cant visibly see grit or feel it:

Have the fluid and filter changed (most likely your problem). If the fluid cant be pumped inside the trans from a clogged filter, you wont have the correct pressure for the valve body to make it shift right. When the fluid/filter is changed, have whoever look at the pan as well for metal flakes on the magnets. Some metal flakes are normal. A lot of flakes means gear arnt meshing up properly and are grinding together wrong. If you're changing the fluid/filter, might be in your best interest to have whoever pull the valve body and clean it (soak it in kerosene - rinse with kerosene). Your valve body is aluminum but the pistons, springs and plungers in it are metal and will rust if you rinse with water (some mechanics may dispute this). They may have to pull the valve body to get to the filter anyway, depends on brand-design.

To do it yourself, about $60 in parts (filter, transfluid, pan gasket). To have a shop do it, $100 parts, $250+ in labor to change fluid/filter/clean valve body - pull/replace.

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Helping move pea seed today. Having issues with the guy who sold us the seed. Can't get a hold of him and we need some clarification on a few things before we can unload the truck that's here

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
This week's nominee for best Item description?

Used Cavs T-Shirt:

Worn only a few times. Incredibly Soft. Cleveland babes are going to be all over you when you buy this balling shirt.

Members online

Latest posts