Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09 Topps Allen and Ginter

To rip or not to rip, that is the question

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
AllenGinterDNANapolean.jpg09AGBB_SS_LINCEUM.jpg

2009 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER…ONE FOR THE AGES!

The ever-popular Allen & Ginter Baseball is sill 3 months away from hitting hobby shelves, but it has not stopped the collecting community from buzzing.

This year’s offering not only features a new-look base-card design (image attached) and more quirkiness than ever, but Topps has stepped up the content in a big way…EACH HOBBY BOX NOW GUARANTEES 3 HITS!, which include Autographs, Relics, Cut Signatures, Rip Cards and Printing Plates.

From a strand of Napoleon’s Hair (image attached) to autographs from Ryan Howard and Michael Phelps, 2009 Allen & Ginter has it all.

A breakdown of the product…

Base Cards (350 subjects)
PARALLELS

Mini Parallel – Original-sized version of base card (1:1)

Allen & Ginter Back (1:5)

Allen & Ginter Black Bordered (1:10)

Allen & Ginter No Number (limited to 50)

Bazooka Back (hand #’d to 25)

Allen & Ginter Wood (hand #’d 1 of 1) HOBBY ONLY

Printing Plates (1 of 1)

Allen & Ginter Cloth Cards (Sequentially #’d to 10)HOBBY ONLY

INSERTS

Allen & Ginter DNA Relics (10 subjects numbered 1 of 1) Includes Napoleon, Edgar Allen Poe and Geronimo.

Allen & Ginter Autographs…Featuring Major League Baseball Stars and champions from other sports such as Robbie Maddison (Motocross Champ), Richard Fosbury (“The Fosbury Flop”) and Kolan McConiughey (Special Olympics Bowling Champion).

Allen & Ginter Red Autographs (hand #’d in red to 10).

Allen & Ginter Relics

Allen & Ginter Mini Exclusives (50 subjects) – Numbered 351-400 (1:Rip card). HOBBY ONLY

Allen & Ginter Mini Wood Exclusives (50 subjects) found only in Rip Cards.

Allen & Ginter National Pride (75 subjects) Players and the flag of their nations.1 per pack.

Allen & Ginter National Heroes (40 subjects) Include national heroes from around the world, e.g., George Washington, Simon Bolivar, Winston Churchill and Joan of Arc. (1:12)

Allen & Ginter Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Terror (20 subjects) Feature mythological creatures of the past and present such as Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Medusa and the Invisible Man(1:48)

World’s Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks, and Bamboozles (20 subjects) Featuring the greatest hoaxes of all time, e.g. Charles Ponzi, Bernie Madoff and Enron (1:12)

Dick Perez Originals (30 subjects) – These are actual paintings on the mini card and only found in Rip Cards. HOBBY ONLY.

Baseball Highlights Sketches (25 subjects) Features reproductions of sketch cards by Brian Kong featuring some of the greatest baseball highlights of all time. (1:6)

RIP CARD (100 Subjects) (1 per case) HOBBY ONLY.

Cut Signatures (10 Subjects) Numbered 1 of 1.

Crack the Ginter Code (100 subjects) Inserted 1:12.

BOXLOADERS HOBBY ONLY

N43 (15)

N43 Relic (10) Hand #’d to 25.

N43 Autograph (10) Hand #’d to 15.

N43 Autographed Relic (5) Hand #’d to 5.

Cabinet Boxloaders (10)

2009 Allen & Ginter ships late June and each 8-card pack carries a $4.00 SRP.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Will rip a box and a few blasters. One of my all time favorite products. This years stuff looks amazing. The base cards are also my favorite to get signed in person or ttm. Love that they are doing the Hoaxes Hoodwinks bamboozles subset.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
metallicalex777 said:
daveyou said:
always have ripped a few boxes of ginter since release and this year will be no different

i got wood!

dave

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...sadly that means you pull wood? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

come on alex, you know every year, when board members pulled that wood #1/1, the title on the post is always "i got wood" "woody" "got wood?" "i pulled a nice wood" oh, the list goes on and on....

and yes, i remember pulling a freakin jermaine dye wood from last year and was guilty of using one of those phrases above

dave

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
markakis8 said:
so they removed the black bordered no # mini?

This was a mistake by topps last year, there was never supposed to be a black no number card. Hopefully they
will fix the biggest problem of all....the plastic protection for the autographs!

I will buy multiple cases.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts