Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is what a million dollar Mike Trout lot looks like...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It has a Best Offer option.
I'm going to try to get a steal with a lowball offer of $750,000. Wish me luck, guys!

I actually thought this was going to be a link to the Trout Chrome Superfractor auto rookie that's been on eBay for more than a year for $500,000, and he either doubled the price or someone bought it to flip for a million.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good lord. The price tag is totally insane, but you know what else bugs me about this listing? It's the last 5 digits:

$1,000,500.99

This guy couldn't just list it for a nice, round, cool million. He had to tack on another $500, you know, for his handling fees. OK whatevs. But it's not $500, it's $500.99! Look, this whole fascination with prices ending in 9's is so you don't have to roll over that first digit and the price looks smaller. $9.99 looks smaller than $10.00. Right, right? So here's this guy with a MILLION dollar price tag, plus that extra $500, but just couldn't stop himself there. He just HAD to add the $0.99 on the end. So exactly what effect was he going for with that $0.99? I'm not that much into smileys, but in this case...

::facepalm::

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Below is a brief synopsis of my Grading Scale:

PR/PR+, -FR/FR, FR/FR+, FR+/-GD, -GD/GD, GD/GD+,

GD+/-EX, -EX/EX, EX/EX+, EX+/-MT, -MT/MT, MT/MT+

GEM MINT!

GEM MINT Pristine / Perfect. MY Highest Grade.

MT/MT+ Has nearly flawless Corners, Edges and Surface.

-MT/MT Has one Corner, Edge or Surface Area with minor wear. Card is in focus and free of print lines.

EX+/-MT Could have minor wear on two Corners, Edges or Surface Area. Card is in focus and free of print lines.

EX/EX+ Corners, Edges or Surface Area have minor to moderate wear, but are still relatively sharp and card has overall nice appearance.

-EX/EX Corners, Edges or Surface Area can have moderate wear, but no major problems on this grade.

GD+/-EX Corners, Edges or Surface Area can have moderate wear, but no rounding, creasing or major problems on this card.

GD/GD+ The Corners, Edges or Surface Area can be slightly rounded. No major creases but could have a minor crease, or wrinkle.

-GD/GD No intentional Damage on card. There can be a major crease, multiple small creases; Corner, Edge and Surface damage. Lower eye appeal.

FR+/-GD Card can have multiple creases. There can be markings on the front and or back. The card is not destroyed, but has major problems.

FR/FR+ There may be back damage, Multiple creasing, markings on the front or back of the card. The card is intact, but by no means an attractive card.

-FR/FR Used as a filler card. Card is almost completely worn. Can have creases throughout, major back damage, including paper loss & markings.

PR/PR+ The lowest grade I assign a card. This is just to say you have the card. Can have part of the card missing, writing, major creases, etc..

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Good lord. The price tag is totally insane, but you know what else bugs me about this listing? It's the last 5 digits:

$1,000,500.99

This guy couldn't just list it for a nice, round, cool million. He had to tack on another $500, you know, for his handling fees. OK whatevs. But it's not $500, it's $500.99! Look, this whole fascination with prices ending in 9's is so you don't have to roll over that first digit and the price looks smaller. $9.99 looks smaller than $10.00. Right, right? So here's this guy with a MILLION dollar price tag, plus that extra $500, but just couldn't stop himself there. He just HAD to add the $0.99 on the end. So exactly what effect was he going for with that $0.99? I'm not that much into smileys, but in this case...

You're acting like the guy is an idiot and his asking price is serious.
He deliberately made it that way so hundreds of people on message boards would talk about it and hopefully some would send him serious Best Offers. It's a marketing ploy and it's obviously working.

Members online

Latest posts