Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pirates "Buck Night", 4/15 vs Astros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I saw a commercial the other day (it looked like a parody of ShamWow) and decided to pick up tickets if I could find a couple of friends to go since they had some for only a buck. I figured for only a dollar, instead of hanging out at the bar or something, we could go to the game. Plus hot dogs, soda, and popcorn is only $1.

By the time the one guy got back to me, all I could get was section 307. I was hoping for the left field bleachers, but oh well.

During the process they spring a $2.50 charge/ticket for processing, which was fine. Then after paying, I see there is a charge for processing for $5.75, which includes 1.75 delivery. Delivery!? I printed my tickets at home! I missed these fees probably because I was rushing through to complete the purchase in the time given before seats were relisted. So it's like $4 a ticket, which is still cheap but I probably would have just spent a little more for better seats since they were over the buck.

So I'm going to my first Pirates game in a few years. Haven't been there since Three Rivers was still there. Even though the seats will suck, I'm still happy to go.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Their new stadium looks amazing on TV. It's the only stadium outside of Houston I really have the desire to visit.

KillerBeeFan

Nov 28, 2008
The stadium is indeed awesome and the fact that it's easy for me to get tickets to see the 'Stros, makes it even better.

Even though your seats appear far from the action, the park feels really intimate; plus there are plenty of cool places to stand and watch the game.

Phil

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
pghbuccos said:
card magnet do you live in Pittsburgh and if so why have you not gone to PNC Park yet?
I'm around 2 hours out of Pittsburgh - Johnstown, PA if you've heard of it. It just hasn't worked out for me to make it to PNC yet. I've made a few trips for Altoona Curve games though.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
well have fun and you will love PNC. it is a beautiful park and any seat is a good seat. I am spoiled because I live about 15 minutes away and go to about 10-15 games a season. my buddy and I went to a game in Altoona last season and we loved the stadium and we want to go see Pedro Alvarez play there this season.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
speaking of sham wow...did you see vince got picked up for punching a ****** :lol:

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
One of my old roomates lives in Johnstown, so we usually alternate between meeting up in at Pirate and Curve games over the summer. You'll really enjoy PNC Park. It's a beautiful ballpark, and allows for a very intimate setting. The game may leave a bit to be desired, but it's certainly worth the trip.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
if you are planning on spending the day in Pittsburgh make sure you go on the guided tour of PNC Park. they will take you through the Pirates clubhouse, the press box, the batting cages and on the field. here is the information...

PNC Park tour hotline 412-325-4700
pnctours.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
pghbuccos said:
if you are planning on spending the day in Pittsburgh make sure you go on the guided tour of PNC Park. they will take you through the Pirates clubhouse, the press box, the batting cages and on the field. here is the information...

PNC Park tour hotline 412-325-4700
pnctours.jpg
Thanks for the info, I'd like to do that this summer.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I've gone on the tour at least once every Summer. it very well run and they take you places you obviously could never go in the stadium. have fun at the game.

Members online