Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1952 Topps Mantle Relic Cards?

What do you think?

• I love the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate the idea

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I *may* have posted something like this in the past, but I don't recall.

If Topps were to take beat up classics like the '52 Topps Mantle and make relic cards out of them, how would you feel about it? Pic for example.

NOTE: You aren't hurting my feelings if you hate this - this is just meant to stir up discussion - I don't know how I feel about it myself! :)

mantlerelic.jpg

Last edited:

sgtmarine2006

Aug 8, 2017
I agree with these guys. I wouldn't like it at all. Instead of destroying vintage cards, how using a vintage card as a redemption. I feel the same about cut autograph cards. Would much rather get a redemption for an autographed photo than to have the auto cut out and glued to a new card.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I agree with these guys. I wouldn't like it at all. Instead of destroying vintage cards, how using a vintage card as a redemption. I feel the same about cut autograph cards. Would much rather get a redemption for an autographed photo than to have the auto cut out and glued to a new card.

Welcome to the boards

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

I think this is a fantastic idea - plus, there would be no need to wait for a 1952 Topps Mantle to be made, for example. I guess they would be without excuse if someone pulls a redemption and it takes years for them to fulfill! :)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
What if topps cut up a reprint of a mantle in quarters and put each piece in 4 separate cards labeled 1/1.

The person who collects all 4 pieces gets the orbiginal.

Let the crazy bidding wars ensue

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm not a fan of cutting up vintage items, whether it's jerseys/bats/photo's/etc. Instead of cutting it up maybe make it encased like 2009 Topps T206 did with the border around the card inside a card. That way the card is still in it's original state and not stamped like buybacks get too.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Didn't some repackaging company do a blaster type box with some older wax and some loose cards and the big draw was a 52 mantle?
I like the idea of a vintage redemption, so long as it's worth getting, Hof type players only or maybe fringe HOFers.
As for the original thought of cutting up vintage, I'm not a huge fan, I'd rather have a beat up version of a card than just a corner of it. Having said that I like the creative thought behind it.

Members online