Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collectability of AFLAC Autos...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Take a guy like Vitters...he has autos in BC and Sterling...how does his AFLAC auto rank in terms of interest and collectability?

cardboardGIANTS

Mar 11, 2009
Messier2 said:
Take a guy like Vitters...he has autos in BC and Sterling...how does his AFLAC auto rank in terms of interest and collectability?

I prefer it over both. I'm probably in the minority, but I rather own a nice AFLAC auto over an equally valuable auto from 07/08. I'll take the fact that it's an 06 card and extremely condition sensitive over MLB logos.

There will be hundreds of cards with Vitters in a Cubs uni. There's just 3 versions of the AFLAC and only 1 certified auto.

I think that they autos (from 08 BCDP) will be extremely popular over time. I think they will keep the prices of boxes high a few years down the road.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I actually think that as some of these guys blow up, we'll see a lot more "autographed" ones and a lot less that aren't autographed.

Some have already hit the market to my knowledge without the 3M sticker on the back, so who knows.

Either way, as the first card and signed while the player was an amateur...these will always be sought after.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
I asked the same question about Main and it was pretty much over whelming from the board that the AFLAC Auto was the one to have...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i think it depends on the player and where they wind up playing

Since AFLAC is a MLB issued card, i think it would be the card to have if the player is
traded before stardom, ala Maybin

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Cool, cool. Looks like that is the consensus of the group...go AFLAC!

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
The AFLAC autos are pretty sweet and will definitely be at the top of the sought after list when a player makes it big.

Topps should not have waited until 2008 to insert signed versions into product. Either that or create an AFLAC Chrome signed version each year to lessen the possibilities of forgeries or IP confusion.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Yep. I think the AFLAC has the potential to be huge. It's has to be the go to card regardless if the guy has 2 or 10 other autos. SO nice, on card, and if centering is sweet, like my guys, then even better.

My guy is a lower tier guy, but I have 3 and love them. I'll keep picking up as many as I can. ;)

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I'm indifferent about this. Vitters is kind of in the same boat as Jason Heyward. Personally, I'd rather have the Sterling Black Refractor auto #/25 than any of them. But since its a difficult find, I would choose the AFLAC auto over the Sterling base auto. And I'm out of the majority on this one but I don't buy the 2nd year Bowman Chrome autos of Heyward, Vitters, etc.

Allen

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Bruin7 said:
I'm indifferent about this. Vitters is kind of in the same boat as Jason Heyward. Personally, I'd rather have the Sterling Black Refractor auto #/25 than any of them. But since its a difficult find, I would choose the AFLAC auto over the Sterling base auto. And I'm out of the majority on this one but I don't buy the 2nd year Bowman Chrome autos of Heyward, Vitters, etc.

Allen

lol! im exactly the opposite on this. i prefer 08 bowman autos of those guys over 07 sterlings any day. gold over black. blue over ref. base over base. it's such a big market out there that although most here say 07 is their "true" rc cards and 08 is their "2nd" year cards, the sale prices speaks for themselves and i do not see this changing at all in 2 years, 5 years, 10+ years.

as for aflac autos, i love em.

dave

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
Yep. I think the AFLAC has the potential to be huge. It's has to be the go to card regardless if the guy has 2 or 10 other autos. SO nice, on card, and if centering is sweet, like my guys, then even better.

My guy is a lower tier guy, but I have 3 and love them. I'll keep picking up as many as I can. ;)

The X-Man!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I think the AFLAC autos are great. And yes although they aren't the players first true autos I think that they will find their niche. The only two I have are Tim Aldersons.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Messier2 said:
Russ S. said:

The X-Man!
Absolutely. I love how well centered the Avery's are!!
Makes buying them at under $20 a pop that much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts