Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angels Acquire Brandon Phillips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Busy day for them. First Upton, now him.

Ken Rosenthal‏ [MENTION=11748]ken[/MENTION]_Rosenthal
Brandon Phillips headed to #Angels, source tells The Athletic.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman
tony sanchez goes to angels for brandon phillips. done deal.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Good luck to BP and good on the Braves for getting him try for a playoff run (and letting him get that $500,000 assignment bonus).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
YES! A 29 year old catcher who is still considered a prospect!

I know, I know. He becomes a free agent next year and the plan was always to let Albies become the everyday second baseman so our options were to either keep him for another pointless month or at least get something for him.

In the end we basically got nothing for him but I'm perfectly fine with that. September is just another meaningless month of baseball for the Braves & now Albies gets consistent playing time at 2nd.

Phillips was a good all-around guy and great teammate (at least with us) so I wish him the best of luck

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Phillips is one of the best defensive 2nd baseman to play the game. He was good with the fans here in Cincy. He always housed the (black-latino) guys coming up from Louisville knowing their stay was brief. He kinda got into some of the rookies heads about getting paid and insisting they get playing time. Some of the rookies ended back up in Louisville because of that attitude. Billy Hamilton's attitude is a direct result of staying with Phillips for over a year.

Phillips is on the back side of his career. I dont see the Angels signing him for next year.

Fordman

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts