Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 SPx Buybacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
For anyone here cracking 2009 SPx, what distinguishes the buyback from the original card? I have seen a handful of them on ebay and I don't see anything. No stamp, foil, numbering. Nothing. I'd like to pick up the Trammell buyback from 2000 UD Legends. However I own an original and if there is nothing to distinguish the buyback I see no reason to buy it.

Alex

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
UMich92 said:
For anyone here cracking 2009 SPx, what distinguishes the buyback from the original card? I have seen a handful of them on ebay and I don't see anything. No stamp, foil, numbering. Nothing. I'd like to pick up the Trammell buyback from 2000 UD Legends. However I own an original and if there is nothing to distinguish the buyback I see no reason to buy it.

Alex

the "buyback" card will have a separate COA with it along with a hologram with matching numbers on the COA and the card itself.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
I hate it when the card companies pack out execess stale inventory under the guise of being "buybacks" like this. I think everyone but Topps has done this before (including UD a few years ago). Times must be tight if they're clearing out the cupboards for product inserts instead of paying for new stuff. Pretty cheesy.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm pretty sure those o-pee-chee buybacks they did had NOTHING to distinguish them from an original. Lame

twcbjr

Aug 8, 2008
mburgin said:
the "buyback" card will have a separate COA with it along with a hologram with matching numbers on the COA and the card itself.

Nope, not these. Nothing but the card in a wrapper. An extra gu or auto per box from a past product.

Members online

Latest posts