Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Colby Rasmus makes the Big Club!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
44.gif

Good luck, kid.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
How much PT do you think he will get? LaRussa is known for not playing youngster to much. I would almost rather him start in the minors and get hot. Then get called up. I don't have anything of him left ,but I'm pulling for him.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
How much PT do you think he will get? LaRussa is known for not playing youngster to much. I would almost rather him start in the minors and get hot. Then get called up. I don't have anything of him left ,but I'm pulling for him.

With Schumaker at 2nd, Rasmus should get a good deal of playing time. I just hope that LaRussa doesn't platoon him all the time. If that is TLR's plan then I'm with you, I'd rather him be in AAA getting his hacks.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
AKA Coastal said:

With Schumaker at 2nd, Rasmus should get a good deal of playing time. I just hope that LaRussa doesn't platoon him all the time. If that is TLR's plan then I'm with you, I'd rather him be in AAA getting his hacks.

Did you see Motte got his 5th save of spring training today. 18/1 k/bb ratio is pretty sweeet.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":fqjq8mt8]How much PT do you think he will get? LaRussa is known for not playing youngster to much. I would almost rather him start in the minors and get hot. Then get called up. I don't have anything of him left ,but I'm pulling for him.

Did you see Motte got his 5th save of spring training today. 18/1 k/bb ratio is pretty sweeet.[/quote:fqjq8mt8]

He is a monster! He better be the closer and be left alone! BEAST!

I kinda like him ;) Nice sig BTW.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
AKA Coastal said:

LaRussa has said he won't keep him up if he isn't going to play everyday. He feels he needs to get the repetitions, so apparent;y he'll get them with the big club. The future is now! What was the last time Cardinals fans had a legitimate prospect come through the ranks? Pujols wasn't on anyone's radar, so do we go back to Lankford and Zeile???

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
rookieaddict said:
Adamsince1981 said:
matty07 said:
Sorry to all the Colby fans but, I just dont see him being more than AAAA/everyday decent player

what is it, AAAA or everyday descent player?

I agree, that's a pretty big difference

And I like when people appologize to an entire legion of fans because his opinion doesn't match up with the projections...like it matter at all and he hasn't even had an AB yet.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Adamsince1981 said:
rookieaddict said:
Adamsince1981 said:
matty07 said:
Sorry to all the Colby fans but, I just dont see him being more than AAAA/everyday decent player

what is it, AAAA or everyday descent player?

I agree, that's a pretty big difference

And I like when people appologize to an entire legion of fans because his opinion doesn't match up with the projections...like it matter at all and he hasn't even had an AB yet.

Dont take it personally its just my own opinion. I just think he'll be a geoff jenkins type player...I think the kid is overhyped but i havent seen anything to warrant hes going to be something big

Kozma Collector

Aug 7, 2008
rookieaddict said:
AKA Coastal said:

LaRussa has said he won't keep him up if he isn't going to play everyday. He feels he needs to get the repetitions, so apparent;y he'll get them with the big club. The future is now! What was the last time Cardinals fans had a legitimate prospect come through the ranks? Pujols wasn't on anyone's radar, so do we go back to Lankford and Zeile???

Ankiel or JD Drew

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
SwarzakGuy40 said:
You're gonna go far, kid

Nice work you did.

I'm actually really excited to see Brian Barden make the team, he's a really cool guy.

But 5 middle infielders? One right-handed bat in the outfield?

I guess maybe a trade for Raburn is in the works..

And in my opinion, Colby Rasmus and Geoff Jenkins is a horrible comparison.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Skorris CCBC said:
SwarzakGuy40 said:
You're gonna go far, kid

Nice work you did.

I'm actually really excited to see Brian Barden make the team, he's a really cool guy.

But 5 middle infielders? One right-handed bat in the outfield?

I guess maybe a trade for Raburn is in the works..

And in my opinion, Colby Rasmus and Geoff Jenkins is a horrible comparison.

its the first name that popped in my head hahaha.... I thik he'll be a starter on a struggling team but a 4th outfielder and a good team

Members online

Latest posts