Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Halladay was literally high as a kite.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
6f83f38619afd7db6b82df608628c6d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Anybody seen the specifics? “Traces” could have a lot of prescription implications no? “High as a kite” might not be an accurate representation of facts

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Anybody seen the specifics? “Traces” could have a lot of prescription implications no? “High as a kite” might not be an accurate representation of facts

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I’m curious how accurate of a blood test can be performed after such an accident where the body was probably destroyed and the blood was exposed to water like this.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Take a hit of acid one time and it will show as a trace in your blood a YEAR LATER! He was literally high as a kite? :benson:::facepalm:::benson:::facepalm:::benson:::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm::

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The article says he had alcohol and three different drugs in his system.

The truth of the matter is he shouldn’t have been operating the airplane.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who. Comes on at five. She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam. In her eye. It's interesting when people die- Give us dirty laundry. Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet? You know, the boys in the newsroom got a. Running bet. Get the widow on the set!

Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around.

Don Henley.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Everyone’s been glorifying the guy since his passing, but the honest truth is he operated an airplane while intoxicated and killed himself.

The only positive thing that came out of this is he didn’t kill anyone else like Oscar Taveras did.

f27220d6819cc982bc7b2e89d4c0c6e0.jpg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Trace amounts is not intoxicated! You are making things up that is what the honest truth is. I read the report.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Trace amounts is not intoxicated! You are making things up that is what the honest truth is. I read the report.

You say that, but just imagine someone with the exact same toxicology report driving a car and crashing into your family, killing them all.

Then how would you feel?

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Everyone’s been glorifying the guy since his passing, but the honest truth is he operated an airplane while intoxicated and killed himself.

The only positive thing that came out of this is he didn’t kill anyone else like Oscar Taveras did.

f27220d6819cc982bc7b2e89d4c0c6e0.jpg

You are either trolling or high as a kite yourself.

Just to repeat the obvious- trace amounts and intoxicated are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Jose Fernandez had a BAC level of .147 in addition to the coke from a night of partying.

Tom Petty had an accidental overdose- it can happen when you are on various prescription drugs (and in a lot of pain).

With Doc - he only had trace amounts. The stuff they detected can last in you system for at least 4-5 days. That's why Olympic athletes can't even take cold meds because they are detectable (in trace amounts) a long time after they are taken. Was he impaired at the time of the crash? no.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You are either trolling or high as a kite yourself.

Just to repeat the obvious- trace amounts and intoxicated are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Jose Fernandez had a BAC level of .147 in addition to the coke from a night of partying.

Tom Petty had an accidental overdose- it can happen when you are on various prescription drugs (and in a lot of pain).

With Doc - he only had trace amounts. The stuff they detected can last in you system for at least 4-5 days. That's why Olympic athletes can't even take cold meds because they are detectable (in trace amounts) a long time after they are taken. Was he impaired at the time of the crash? no.

So you’re saying he was just really stupid?

Is it better that he was extremely stupid and unable to operate the airplane properly, or just intoxicated and that’s why he crashed?

Which one is better?

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
So you’re saying he was just really stupid?

Is it better that he was extremely stupid and unable to operate the airplane properly, or just intoxicated and that’s why he crashed?

Which one is better?

By all accounts he was probably reckless. The trace amounts of drugs had nothing to do with it. Instead of "testing" out a new crotch rocket or fast car he had a new plane. No margin for error. If you want to call that stupid, fine. But that pretty much applies to anyone who does extreme sports. It is a risk they are willing to take.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Unless the coroner says he was probably impaired, which I haven't read anywhere yet, a non-expert trying to analyze the results is just dumb.

I'm as anti-DUI as they come, but your conclusion is just guessing at this point...

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
By all accounts he was probably reckless. The trace amounts of drugs had nothing to do with it. Instead of "testing" out a new crotch rocket or fast car he had a new plane. No margin for error. If you want to call that stupid, fine. But that pretty much applies to anyone who does extreme sports. It is a risk they are willing to take.

Pretty much applies to anyone who drives on a regular basis. It is one of the most dangerous acts you can perform, statistically at least, yet people do it every day without question.

Also, which clickbait website do you work for Super Mario? Inflammatory headline that doesn't match the facts? Check. Belligerent attitude when called on it? Check. Crazy theories and irrelevant segues? Check. Buzzfeed maybe? Upworthy? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

Members online