Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So who is going to land Sheffield?

Who will get Sheffield?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like the Mets

Mlbtraderumors- the Mets are close to signing Gary Sheffield. The Mets plan to give him significant playing time. They'd only have to pay $400K and would consider Sheffield an option in both outfield corners. Sherman's source said:

"Unless something drastic happens, he is a Met. Someone would have to offer him a second year, and I just don't see that happening."

David Lennon of Newsday believes Sheffield could sign with the Mets as soon as tonight.

They did just say this though about the Phils.

several Phillies players have contacted Sheffield to lobby him to sign.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
ryanhoward06 said:
Looks like the Mets

Mlbtraderumors- the Mets are close to signing Gary Sheffield. The Mets plan to give him significant playing time. They'd only have to pay $400K and would consider Sheffield an option in both outfield corners. Sherman's source said:

"Unless something drastic happens, he is a Met. Someone would have to offer him a second year, and I just don't see that happening."

David Lennon of Newsday believes Sheffield could sign with the Mets as soon as tonight.

They did just say this though about the Phils.

several Phillies players have contacted Sheffield to lobby him to sign.

This would be cool. Gary can finish his career where his uncle Dwight started his.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
I think the question is misphrased. Instead of "going to land Sheffield" it should read "going to freebase too much heroin and mistakenly sign Sheffield."

Craig

Members online