Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bobby Lashley interview. What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

[center:36xqdcpy][youtube:36xqdcpy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfQWggrGf4Y[/youtube:36xqdcpy][/center:36xqdcpy]

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
i couldn't agree with what he said more. he's right about people not taking him and brock seriously because of their background in the WWE. people seem to think that just because the **** is scripted that they don't have to be great athletes. they couldn't be more wrong. guys there are either strong as hell like guys like batista and kane or amazing acrobats like mysterio and bourne. many of those guys have backgrounds in amateur wrestling like Haas, Benjamin, Angle, Brock, Lashley, etc. Lashley is also an ex Army Ranger. the dude's a badass. i'm not sure if Angle would ever be anything in MMA, but i have no doubts that Lashley will be just as good if not better than Lesnar. The part i like the most about him is how he's not in a hurry to have his first big fight. the guy is content with sitting back and learning instead of just jumping on out there and learning as he goes. i think that's what is going to hinder Lesnar in the immediate future. He can beat a guy like Herring easily cause Herring doesn't offer much in the threat of a quality submission but when he fights guys like Couture, Mir, and Nog....he's gonna have to worry about his inexperience there. In a year from now, I see Lesnar as champ. Right now, i think Randy beats him. Another interesting fact is that Lashley is actually a tad bigger than Brock. Both are 6'3 and Lashley weighs 10 lbs more. It will be interesting to see what he fights at though.

G

I had a really long reply, but my computer crashed.

I don't get why people bash pro wrestlers and pro wrestling in general. They have a very difficult job, travel almost 365, go overseas several times a year, deal with injuries constantly by putting their bodies through complete Hell, and the only time they ever get off really is when they are hurt. All the while having to find places to train while on the road to keep up their appearance. Enter steroid jokes here, but WWE has really cracked down on that stuff, and penalizes even their biggest stars now. There's a three strike and you are out policy that they adhere to strictly.

A lot of the people bash it, and can't just accept it for what it is. A form of entertainment that doesn't even really try to put itself out there as 'real.'

Those same people that hate on it, wouldn't last 3 months in the business with a top company like WWE or TNA.

Brock's going to eventually going to put a lot of the haters in their place by dominating. But they will always still hate on him because of his WWE past. But Lashley put it best. It was just a job he had. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the likes of Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Bob Sapp and Frank Trigg can all willingly participate in pro wrestling, then I don't see why 'mma purists' can't shut the Hell up about Lesnar. And we'll here the same thing about Lashley I am sure. Even though he wasn't in WWE all that long to begin with.

You just watch. The likes of Rampage and a few others will eventually move into the world of pro wrestling when their competitive MMA days are behind them.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I think its admirable for ANY athlete to get in the cage and test their skills. That having been said, I would love to see both Lashley and Lesnar succeed, and believe they will over time.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Id love to see lashley succeed. What he says is definately true.

A lashley/lesnar fight would definately peak my interest!!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I'm all for pro-wrestlers in mma. (I've competed in both sports for years)

As long as they are serious about it and respectful, I think pro-wrestlers are great for mma. Some of the mma legends have pro-wrestling backgrounds. (Sakuraba for example)

Members online