Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The same old song again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I know that I from time to time throw out random ideas on how to drive more members to the site. Well guess what I have another.

The word of mouth traffic is our major draw. We have so many great members and collecting gurus that the great names on the site drive people in force.

What we currently lack is those that collect on their own and have never had the opportunity to meet all of you. So what do all of these people have in common? They all use Google, yahoo, msn, etc.

So now we move on to the “how do I help people that I have never met, find the site”.

Alexa Internet, Inc. is a California-based subsidiary company of Amazon.com that is best known for operating a website that provides information on web traffic to other websites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Internet

They are the company that provides statistical information to all of the major search engines to help decide what rank and where pages in the engines show up. Moving FCB links up in search engines will do a great deal in driving those who don’t even know about the site into signing up.

This will help out the chat boards a small bit. It will help the trading boards out big time. Every new trader is 1 more collection added that may have the cards you are looking for.

So now you are asking, how can I help in this aspect?

http://www.alexa.com/toolbar/

By downloading the toolbar alexa will know that you are on the site and it will help drive the alexa ratings down. Google is number 1 and with your help we would like to become number 2 (ok, maybe not so much). In doing so you will help drive unknown traffic to the site and just maybe find a new member who has what you want just waiting to be traded.

If you have any questions please ask. If you install the toolbar, please post that you did so that the entire community can give you a thanks.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bouwob said:
I know that I from time to time throw out random ideas on how to drive more members to the site. Well guess what I have another.

The word of mouth traffic is our major draw. We have so many great members and collecting gurus that the great names on the site drive people in force.

What we currently lack is those that collect on their own and have never had the opportunity to meet all of you. So what do all of these people have in common? They all use Google, yahoo, msn, etc.

So now we move on to the “how do I help people that I have never met, find the site”.

Alexa Internet, Inc. is a California-based subsidiary company of Amazon.com that is best known for operating a website that provides information on web traffic to other websites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Internet

They are the company that provides statistical information to all of the major search engines to help decide what rank and where pages in the engines show up. Moving FCB links up in search engines will do a great deal in driving those who don’t even know about the site into signing up.

This will help out the chat boards a small bit. It will help the trading boards out big time. Every new trader is 1 more collection added that may have the cards you are looking for.

So now you are asking, how can I help in this aspect?

http://www.alexa.com/toolbar/

By downloading the toolbar alexa will know that you are on the site and it will help drive the alexa ratings down. Google is number 1 and with your help we would like to become number 2 (ok, maybe not so much). In doing so you will help drive unknown traffic to the site and just maybe find a new member who has what you want just waiting to be traded.

If you have any questions please ask. If you install the toolbar, please post that you did so that the entire community can give you a thanks.

Not available on Safari :(

totran

Mar 25, 2009
my home is at beckett i do hope at some point to meet and trade with many of you. i have been enjoying your posts both as a member and longer non member.
i have installed the program and i hope it helps. you guys have a nice thing going here especially for the prospectors which is a title i am happy to wear.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
totran said:
my home is at beckett i do hope at some point to meet and trade with many of you. i have been enjoying your posts both as a member and longer non member.
i have installed the program and i hope it helps. you guys have a nice thing going here especially for the prospectors which is a title i am happy to wear.

most of the mod staff will be at the national, come by and say hi!

Members online

Latest posts