Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NEW Calgary card show pictures are up!! Page 2 & 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
No luck with any MAFs i needed tonight at the card show, but did get a very nice PC card. Although UD never intended for it, but its a Calgary Connection card. Heatley grew up in Calgary, played all his early/childhood Hockey here, high School Etc. Ryan Getzlaf Played several years of junior here with the Calgary Hitmen

06 /15

15grtr8.jpg

pretty sweet, eh? :)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Re: Sweet PC addition!!!

Autismic said:
NICE PICK UP,CONGRATS..HOW WAS THE SHOW? good turn out?

Yeah the show was great (its just awesome walking around looking at all these great cards in person), most dealers only had Hockey of course, some had CFL (and of course a bit of the other sports here and there). A few dealers were not set up yet, i guess since it was Friday night they were busy with other stuff (The Hitmen game was on last night). Im going back later on this morning, Doug Gilmour is gonna be signing, so im gonna get an auto or two of his, met about 10 board members from another site, which was cool. Also got a really big PC card for my Raiders collection.

JaMarcus Russell SPA Gold /25 RC

2rr4dqc.jpg

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto

sweet Raider pick-up..who else is signing at the show? I agree it's fun to walk around at good shows checking out the tables..too bad there isn't a better selection beside hockey...shows out here only have hockey..I saw 1 guy at the last show with baseball....I have seen a few people with CFL stuff but never football..

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

Autismic said:
sweet Raider pick-up..who else is signing at the show? I agree it's fun to walk around at good shows checking out the tables..too bad there isn't a better selection beside hockey...shows out here only have hockey..I saw 1 guy at the last show with baseball....I have seen a few people with CFL stuff but never football..

Doug Gilmour signs today and Theo Fleury signs Sunday. Ill probably end up getting both. I just need to think of an inscription for Theo to sign. Im gonna get Gilmour to add "89 Stanley Cup winning goal" to his 8x10 today. yeah, the show was 90% Hockey, with a few dealers having other sports here and there. There was one dealer though that had a couple tables with 5 big showcases, with NHL, CFL, NFL, MLB and NBA in each show case, which was really nice. Some really amazing stuff there though. One guy had an entire big show case with just high end Crosby. Cup RCs, Gold Cups, all the letter marks, amazing Sid patches, he had at least 50 different Sid autos (stared at that guys stuff for a good 30 minutes :lol: ). Id love to take some pictures of the dealers showcases to post, just don't know if that would be appropriate to ask them too or not?

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto

I'd love too see the Sid table..no harm in asking..tell the guy where you are posting it and maybe he'll check out the site to see the photos..try and recruit some hockey members..the hockey section is really slow in taking off here on FCB...Have fun at the show..What are they charging for auto's?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

Autismic said:
I'd love too see the Sid table..no harm in asking..tell the guy where you are posting it and maybe he'll check out the site to see the photos..try and recruit some hockey members..the hockey section is really slow in taking off here on FCB...Have fun at the show..What are they charging for auto's?

Autos are $25 each, or "buy 3 get 1 free". 8x10's are $5 each if you dont have anything of your own to get signed. They also had about 20-25 full name jerseys for sale also (Leafs and Flames). I did mention the site to several people, everyone there though is all HI crowd. Im gonna bring my camera today anyways for a pic with Gilmour, so if i strike up a conversation with a dealer, ill ask if i can take a photo or two. Everyone was really friendly last night.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh

both of those cards are awesome. I have become more of a fan of Getzlaf after seeing a couple of the Ducks games this season. that suck's there weren't any MAF's that you needed. maybe you will have better luck today. I would love to see the Crosby's as well if you can get a pic. sounds like the show is huge and can't wait to see what you get today.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto

I went to a show here about a month and a half ago..I left the kids at home so i smoked a big fatty before I went in and the guy at the door wouldn't let me in the show..said i stunk too bad..needless to say i won't be going back...I even explained to him i have permission from health canada to chuff but he didn't believe me.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

pghbuccos said:
both of those cards are awesome. I have become more of a fan of Getzlaf after seeing a couple of the Ducks games this season. that suck's there weren't any MAF's that you needed. maybe you will have better luck today. I would love to see the Crosby's as well if you can get a pic. sounds like the show is huge and can't wait to see what you get today.

Yeah, i was really hoping for a nice Cup limited logos or an Honorable numbers of MAF, but nada. Im a Getzlaf fan as well. I watched him play his junior Hockey for the Hitmen here for 4 years. I have a small, but nice PC of him as well. Im gonna see if i can get a couple pics today, hopefully i can.

This is my fav Getzlaf piece of mine....

kb1ve1.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

Autismic said:
I went to a show here about a month and a half ago..I left the kids at home so i smoked a big fatty before I went in and the guy at the door wouldn't let me in the show..said i stunk too bad..needless to say i won't be going back...I even explained to him i have permission from health canada to chuff but he didn't believe me.

Thats what Axe body spray and gum are for ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

pghbuccos said:
G $MONEY$ said:
This is my fav Getzlaf piece of mine....

kb1ve1.jpg

those are pretty cool. do you keep them out all the time?

thanks, i have a few other Hockey ones as well. Justin Pogge with the Hitmen, Brent Sonne with the Hitmen and a Sidney Crosby Team Canada. They are all Gatorade advertisements. I have a memorabilia room where i store them, i dont keep them set up in my living room all the time, but will for a few weeks whenever i get a new one. Got a few Football ones as well. i really like them.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto

G $MONEY$ said:
Autismic said:
you saying i stink Mo'Fo :lol: :lol:

to mask the smell of the weed silly :lol:

ya i know..I don't care about the smell..I was just surprised the guy wouldn't let me in..next time I will just eat some weed brownies before I go..maybe slip the doorman some E to help him relax

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: Calgary card show pictures are up!!!!

very nice. the 8x10 auto is awesome and the inscription is even better.

did you get any Fleury's today?

Members online

Latest posts