Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Contenders Case Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Damian and I stopped by Frank and Sons today and bought a case of contenders from Randy Franklin. Randy cut us a sweet deal. Here are the results:

Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg

Couldn't believe not one but TWO Dayan's in the case. The Stolmy and Raben are super short SP's. Everything should be making its way to Collector Revolution soon.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
stevezimmer22 said:
I am working on this set. (Not too far advanced, but if you're looking to move some lower-end autos for a good price I am your man.)

Lemme know which ones you need.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
I could use the Chacin, and seemed like a pretty good case with 2 Dayan's, Porcello and Posey.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I only have 25/130 So I need plenty. Rather than last the ones I need, I'll just list who I have. I need whatever autos aren't listed, but really just interested in buying the low-end ones to save on shipping in a bulk deal.

Chacin
Davis
Villalona
Perry
Hewitt
Jay
Cunningham

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Nice case, especially with the 2 Dayan's, Stolmy and raben. I think that Bruin7 is also doing the set and is down to about 5 cards I think. Nice.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Thanks guys, it was a fun rip, it was brutal until the last 2 boxes of the 6 box case. We literally got about 8 of the good hits in 2 boxes. Including a box with stolmey/Dayan together.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
real nice break guys...ah, frank and sons its been a while- half decent tacos outside the entrance last time I was there :) . Good to see the Franklins trudging forward, as always.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
lvdan said:
real nice break guys...ah, frank and sons its been a while- half decent tacos outside the entrance last time I was there :) . Good to see the Franklins trudging forward, as always.

The show is pretty horrible, there is Randy and about 4 good inventories/Dealers. Card shows in themselves are struggling or disappearing.

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
lvdan said:

The show is pretty horrible, there is Randy and about 4 good inventories/Dealers. Card shows in themselves are struggling or disappearing.
ain't that the truth :(
I for one won't be going to Cleveland this summer which is a bummer but the market is just too weak.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Although I love Contenders, getting a couple of more boxes myself, after the initial sp list, most of them soften, however there are some crucial key RC's in this product. Dayan for one is his only auto rc and stolmey is a key prospect in the right organization for future growth. Oh! How can we forget Montero's best rc comes out of this product, save the parallels of bowman chrome. There are many, many, many sleeper guys in this prodcut that if they get hot their cards will explode and Contenders will be the one to get. I have stocked up on several as prices soften. Nice 6 box case to say the least.

Members online

Latest posts