Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just made roughly 600% profit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
....off Jason Motte!!! Picked up a Green Ref and a Gold Ref of him last December off Sportlots, $10 for both. I just sold them today for $39 (gold) and $24.50 (green), putting me at roughly 600% return off my intial $10 investment. I don't prospect even close to as much of most of you do, so this is pretty big for me. Just thought I'd share. :mrgreen:

- John

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats. I was watching both auctions. Cardinals fan's are underrated when it comes to spending money on their players.

bhen

Aug 7, 2008
thanks for bringing motte to my attention, just found a 2005 TCU Black refractor of his

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I just wish I would have started loading up on him earlier. The only thing holding me back at the time was I thought he might be more of setup guy than a closer. I didn't think his cards would get that much love in that role. He's having the Papelbon effect. Lots of emotion, electric fastball, and a contending team.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I just wish I would have started loading up on him earlier. The only thing holding me back at the time was I thought he might be more of setup guy than a closer. I didn't think his cards would get that much love in that role. He's having the Papelbon effect. Lots of emotion, electric fastball, and a contending team.

I'm geeked I was able to pick him up in my keeper league!

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
AKA Coastal said:

We will see about that.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Congrats. I was watching both auctions. Cardinals fan's are underrated when it comes to spending money on their players.

Yes, yes we are. We're a pretty big market in my opinion.

Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Skorris CCBC said:
Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

I don't see it, outside of Ankiel who is in their outfield?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":wqup1lqg]Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

I don't see it, outside of Ankiel who is in their outfield?[/quote:wqup1lqg]

Ludwick? Rasmus? Duncan?

Ludwick had 37 Homers + 113 RBI last year. Rasmus is a top 5 prospect. Duncan has had a fantastic Spring, absolutely mashing the ball. Basically 4 starters who will rotate.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":3t9w9mvk]Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

I don't see it, outside of Ankiel who is in their outfield?[/quote:3t9w9mvk]

Ludwick had a huge year, so we'll find out how for real he is, and uber prospect Colby Rasmus.

I believe they moved Schumaker to 2b?

And there's always Duncan, but i think he's hurt?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Mudcatsfan said:
Reds in 2009 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":26u3frmu]Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

Ludwick had a huge year, so we'll find out how for real he is, and uber prospect Colby Rasmus.

And there's always Duncan, but i think he's hurt?[/quote:26u3frmu]

Correct about Schumaker, but Duncan is supposedly healthy right now. This team has a lot of question marks especially at third base as it appears Glaus will be out for awhile. They are counting on a lot of guys (Lohse, Wellemeyer, Ludwick, Schumaker, McClellan, Franklin) to maintain their performance from last year and expecting Ankiel, Duncan, Carpenter, Wainwright, Motte, Greene, and Pineiro to step forward. I think the team will be slightly worse than last year. They've had a good spring and gotten a lot of positive press, so we'll see.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
Reds in 2009 said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":3mypj6h9]Reds - They are. They won 86 last year, and this year they'll presumably have Carpenter and Waino for the entire year. Not to mention we don't have Isringhausen, which is a huge addition by subtraction.

And there's always Duncan, but i think he's hurt?[/quote:3mypj6h9]

Duncan is fully healthy now. He had experimental surgery in July to basically repair his neck. He's had an amazing Spring, some people think he'll bat cleanup behind Albert.

I really don't see how they can be any worse off this year. Every year, they have a major amount of haters, and they always prove them wrong.

Members online

Latest posts