Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******MONDAY MORNING THREAD 11/5********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Good morning!
Hated those overnight shifts because it took me a couple of days to re-adjust!

i worked 4th shift 1/22/333/off two 11/222/33 off two 111/2/33 etc . loved it then went to SECOND ---quit - three weeks later first opened but i had another job .

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. We are down to under 50 acres of beans to come in.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
What will you in the off-season?

January- Contracts (usually, we are trying to convince the GM that this is way too early for the growers)
January-April- Seed Booking
May-June- Seed season, growers come in and pick up the seed. Usually start getting seed in from the seed companies late April through May.
July-August- Wheat and pea harvest (7 day weeks)
September- Bean harvest starts

Those are our busiest things, but then we have beans and peas at receiving stations that need to be transferred to our processing facilities. Roughly 204,000 bags (beans are measure in 100 wt. bags) at one location, then I can't remember exactly how many bushels of peas we have in our location up north. It's really fun when it comes time to sweep the bins. Nothing beats getting into a bin to shovel beans and dirt. We are actually going to start transferring pinto beans to our main location tomorrow.

But then we will also go and help fill in at our other facilities if they get shorthanded. Plus, we have a food safety audit once a year that we help prepare for

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
January- Contracts (usually, we are trying to convince the GM that this is way too early for the growers)
January-April- Seed Booking
May-June- Seed season, growers come in and pick up the seed. Usually start getting seed in from the seed companies late April through May.
July-August- Wheat and pea harvest (7 day weeks)
September- Bean harvest starts

Those are our busiest things, but then we have beans and peas at receiving stations that need to be transferred to our processing facilities. Roughly 204,000 bags (beans are measure in 100 wt. bags) at one location, then I can't remember exactly how many bushels of peas we have in our location up north. It's really fun when it comes time to sweep the bins. Nothing beats getting into a bin to shovel beans and dirt. We are actually going to start transferring pinto beans to our main location tomorrow.

But then we will also go and help fill in at our other facilities if they get shorthanded. Plus, we have a food safety audit once a year that we help prepare for

i had to shovel sawdust at dad's furniture plant then walk a ramp to dump it in fire = I still hate shovels

Members online