Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Petruzelli in center of Elite XC storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I dont get it.
This kid lands a lucky punch and suddenly he is a star?
I've seen him fight and he's in EXC for a reason. He'd be eaten alive in UFC. He has skills barely above most amateurs. He's OK on the ground, but EXC shot themselves in the foot with wanting him to trade punches with Kimbo. He showed he didn't know how. Its the worst "glancing blow KO" i've ever seen.

Oh well.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Dr Tom said:
I've seen him fight and he's in EXC for a reason. He'd be eaten alive in UFC.

You are right, he is in Elite because he couldnt cut it while he was in UFC. He lost to Matt Hammil by decision in 2006, and lost again to Wilson Gouevia a year later by submission.

I think there is probably truth to what both sides are saying: on the side of petruzelli, yes, he is right, there are bonuses he gets if he submits, KOs, etc, and it does make sense to get the KO bonus, as it is the higher paying. At the same time, it also makes sense for Elite to want him to stand up and fight kimbo that way, because thats their money maker and he cant do any better on the ground, so, why not tell him that if he can stand up and try for the bonus? It makes sense.

Is it right? Not necessarily. Is it wrong? Not really, as Im assuming most of you would tell seth the same thing honestly. Was the card fixed? No.

People are looking for any excuse to knock MMA, and this is fueling their fire.

G

HPC said:
Dr Tom said:

You are right, he is in Elite because he couldnt cut it while he was in UFC. He lost to Matt Hammil by decision in 2006, and lost again to Wilson Gouevia a year later by submission.

I think there is probably truth to what both sides are saying: on the side of petruzelli, yes, he is right, there are bonuses he gets if he submits, KOs, etc, and it does make sense to get the KO bonus, as it is the higher paying. At the same time, it also makes sense for Elite to want him to stand up and fight kimbo that way, because thats their money maker and he cant do any better on the ground, so, why not tell him that if he can stand up and try for the bonus? It makes sense.

Is it right? Not necessarily. Is it wrong? Not really, as Im assuming most of you would tell seth the same thing honestly. Was the card fixed? No.

Im not knocking MMA. i have fought MMA for 9 years now. I love it and its been good to me.
This situation is a black eye for a sport that has enough of them already.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Oh no, Im not saying you are, Im saying that the people who put their whole "this is like pro wrestling" spin on it, such as the writer of this article almost does

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
HPC said:
Dr Tom said:

Everyone wins & everyone loses.
Hammil & Gouevia aren't scrubs.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Dr Tom said:
HPC said:
[quote="Dr Tom":3pgrw6oy]This kid lands a lucky punch and suddenly he is a star?

Im not knocking MMA. i have fought MMA for 9 years now. I love it and its been good to me.
This situation is a black eye for a sport that has enough of them already.[/quote:3pgrw6oy]

Dr.Tom,
What kind of MMA experience do you have,if you don't me asking?

G

Bornagaincollector said:
Dr Tom said:
HPC said:
[quote="Dr Tom":2dfd4dz6]This kid lands a lucky punch and suddenly he is a star?

This situation is a black eye for a sport that has enough of them already.

Dr.Tom,
What kind of MMA experience do you have,if you don't me asking?[/quote:2dfd4dz6]

I've fought at the nationals 6 times, was a top 25 ranked amateur fighter in the country at one time (lost ranking due to not competing) and am still involved in smaller shows and regional tournaments. I practice BJJ and Shootfighting. I've trained at the Lion's Den a few times and with Pat Miletich a few times.

Members online

Latest posts