Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Xfractor or Refractor...

Which looks better...

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Well, I was going to start a BC collection and can't flippin decide if I like the regular refractors or xfractors better. The regular are just so clean cut and nice, but xfractors just seem to pop so nice. Xfractors, aside from just being more rare, are also harder to find without the dreaded line, but I would like rarity to not have a part in your decision... Looks alone! Let me know what you think.

*Just a note, I like them both better than blue, so don't interject with that.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Straight Xfractors are ugly.......

These on the other hand look really nice.... wish they'd do this more often.
af8e_1.jpg

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
I like the early xfractor look 2001 - 2002 bowman chrome. Then they screwed them up ,and they got worse through the years......

01bcxcabrera.jpg
naxfwright.jpg
03bxyoukilis.jpg
06bcmx.jpg

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
It's a tough question but for sheer eye candy I'd go with the X as it's sort of the poor man's super. But, the lines are always the huge factor for me. With a refractor I'll pretty much get any one but with an X I really have to search before I settle on one. Even some of the ones I have that have high grades still have lines which can be a bother.

All that aside though, they really pop and if a ref and and X are side by side my eye always goes to the X.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I am a huge fan of Xfractors. I think they look great. They remind me of the Atomic Refractors of the 90's. I saw go with the Xfractors all the way.

Joe

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
Well, I was going to start a BC collection and can't flippin decide if I like the regular refractors or xfractors better. The regular are just so clean cut and nice, but xfractors just seem to pop so nice. Xfractors, aside from just being more rare, are also harder to find without the dreaded line, but I would like rarity to not have a part in your decision... Looks alone! Let me know what you think.

*Just a note, I like them both better than blue, so don't interject with that.

It differs from year to year

2002 Chrome and Chrome draft autos look awesome

2002 chrome draft base set xfractors thru recently look awful with the lines.

2008 somehow looks better, they've changed something.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
01bcxcabrera.jpg
Now where I have seen those before?

97bbaref-1.jpg

Ah yes, good 'ol Atomics.

Anyhow, I'd go with regular refractors anyday.

Members online

Latest posts