Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jim Abbott had 2 major league hits!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I used to play softball with a guy that had one arm. The other was a nub at the elbow and he is like a brother to me. He could crank them out to the fence every now and then. He played every position, including pitcher and OF, meaning he was able to switch the glove to his nub pretty quick and make the throw.

He's a great guy. We used to mess with him when he missed a ball in the OF.

The team would holler at him that if he had used both hands, he would have caught the ball. He'd just grin or shoot us a good comeback which sometimes was even better than our comment.

It's great when you can kid about yourself like he does. He used to sub in schools and on occasion, he would have a class full of kids thinking he lost his arm wrestling alligators. Funny stuff.

He also said if was ever a professional wrestler that he would call himself the "One-Armed bandit" and he would give them the "Nub of Death" for his finishing move. :lol:

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Abbott is one of my favorite players ever, maybe even #1. I've heard rumors that while playing QB in high school, he never even fumbled a single snap. Incredible. To think his parents wanted him to play soccer.

Members online

Latest posts