Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***********MORNING THREAD 4/3 ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
had our host families meet / greet players last night . We needed to video the 25 plus players plates of food consumed and cakes / pies =WOW . Well the host families ate our share !!! Still many don't speak English and had a hard time with the desserts - but the Chicken / veggies went fast at two plates and refills almost per player . We give travel bags of snacks per player for long road trips .

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
It is fun , sadly none we've had have made majors yet . They have five to apartments most in one area - only a few have cars / Driver license / insurance . Furniture etc is stored in off season . Only one day a month off and many this is second time they've moved . Some NON USA players haven't been home in years and many play 300 games a year -- all over the world . So think when some sign that contract to play majors they've worked VERY hard to get there . The D.R . players may have played on same team since FIVE years old -- You should see them hit bottle caps with a broom handle . When was last time YOU ate live bugs ? How about sliding in outfield when full of water , catching and playing with LIVE snakes ?? The smiles when G/F's are in town LOL. Can't forget parents = they have their money LOL . One player years ago had a MILLION dollar signing bonus - Escalade almost needed a ladder to get in . Adam LaRochce rehabbed here bought meals for players = rumor cost $1000. a night for three nights . He had standard locker with all the others .

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Must have ate something bad on Sunday. About 10 yesterday morning I got to feeling sick, and it made for a miserable day at work. I fell asleep about 8:30 last night and slept until a little after 6 this morning, but could use some more sleep yet. I was feeling fine in the morning so I had some breakfast (sausage and eggs) and then didn't eat anything until about 7:30 last night when I had just the broth from some chicken and rice soup.

Members online

Latest posts