Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peyton Manning NFL LOGO--real or fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
The 1/1 numbering on the back is in silver. On the front it does say Authenticate NFL shield patch. Its from 2004 Fleer, so thats what scares me, i think it might be Brad that knows what coloring the numbering should be from the reals and fakes. Guy is claiming he pulled it though back in 2004. But is looking to trade or sell it now. So what do u guys think?

2eyi8w5.jpg

29m3ngi.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Oh i know it looks sweet and real to me, it just after that Fleer bankruptcy sale, these older Fleer cards, like this 2004, scare me. When did UD take over Fleer? Was it 2006? I cant remember off hand myself. I know some people know what the legit stamping color is on these 1/1's. If the stamping color is not the right color, then it came from the bankruptcy sale with no patch inserted and someone else then adds the patch.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
It's amazing how many people holding Fleer logos pulled them themselves...

Can't say whether its good or bad, can just tell you that there is no way I would ever buy a Fleer logo for my collection... Just zero way to ever know for sure that it's real.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
flightposite said:
It's amazing how many people holding Fleer logos pulled them themselves...

Can't say whether its good or bad, can just tell you that there is no way I would ever buy a Fleer logo for my collection... Just zero way to ever know for sure that it's real.

Yeah i know what u mean brother. Someone has this card up for trade/sale. I would love to make a run at it, but like Flight says, you'll just never know for sure. And of course he was so lucky to pull it out of 4 packs back in 04...

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
FWIW, I've got a non-logo version of that card and the numbering is in silver. Check it out.

scan0019.png
portis%20back.png

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I would have to see a clearer scan of the logo before I give my opinion, but I would not touch a Fleer logo

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Great looking card. But like others have said, fleer just seems a little too risky.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Ryo1549 said:
It should be real. The 1/1 should be in purple for it to be real. That year all of fleer 1/1s were in purple.

Yes, it should be purple, G Money said it's silver.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
The only way to know for sure is to do the following. Hope you find a legit Peyton Manning game used jersey for sale. The only legit one's come from his charity with a letter and signed on the numbers by Peyton, dated and with his hologram attached to both the letter and jersey. Buy it, take it home, cut the logo off it and insert it onto the card. 99% of Peyton Manning game used jerseys sold in auctions are faker than a $3 bill and I bet many of these have been put on cards. The market has been flooded for years with garbage Manning jerseys. The few one's all go through his own charity and are next to impossible to get unless you know someone and have a lot of $.

Members online

Latest posts