Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you rather own (as a future investment)....

What would you rather own (as a future investment)?

• Ladainian Tomlinson SP Authentic RC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
and what is gonna be the "greater" card in the future? As in "future", im thinking in the next 3-5 years. What card is gonna hold more cash value and more Hobby influence?

G

AP is sick....but Tomlinson is a sure shot HOF'er.....he still owns the record for TD's in a single season, right?

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Can I take C. Neither?

LT has had his day in the sun and I don't think AP can ever get hotter than he has been (Vikes ain't going to a Super Bowl).

Fact is, backs have a short life span. They are short term investment products, the good money is in QBs. QBs are around much longer and get more of the glory. Take that LT/AP money and buy yourself a nice Matt Ryan.

G

flightposite said:
Can I take C. Neither?

LT has had his day in the sun and I don't think AP can ever get hotter than he has been (Vikes ain't going to a Super Bowl).

Fact is, backs have a short life span. They are short term investment products, the good money is in QBs. QBs are around much longer and get more of the glory. Take that LT/AP money and buy yourself a nice Matt Ryan.

if you do decide to go with a QB, I'd go with a Brady....not a Ryan.....Brady has proven himself......Ryan hasn't yet.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
trojanfan43 said:
flightposite said:
Can I take C. Neither?

if you do decide to go with a QB, I'd go with a Brady....not a Ryan.....Brady has proven himself......Ryan hasn't yet.

If you are investing and looking for future profit, Brady is not a viable option.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
flightposite said:
Can I take C. Neither?

You can't pick C, this has to do with a HUGE deal that involves in Iroc-Z 5.7L TPI Corvette engine and a bunch of cards and cases. I have to choose between AP and LT in the deal.

The deal can be viewed in todays/tonights Football daily thread on page 5, check it out flight and tell me what ya think..

vaughn

Mar 31, 2009
Oxford,Ms
the AP has much more risk, but the LT has no auto...

The auto makes all the difference to me, without it, the LT is just a patch card no matter its value IMO.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
vaughn said:
the AP has much more risk, but the LT has no auto...

The auto makes all the difference to me, without it, the LT is just a patch card no matter its value IMO.

That is very true Vaughn, a very expensive Patch card. Is that LT's best true RC though, or is there something better? I can't remember...

BTW did u see my Tupac auto in the Jimi Hendrix thread?

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Might as well go AP. You'll have longer to move it at the high price. The only way either goes up anymore is if they break a big record (AP has the only shot here and it's small) or do well in a Super Bowl win (LT could very well do that this year).

Though as for the trade... I wouldn't do it. To me, Parker and Nash are not guys that are going to be remembered long after they are done with the game. I think that card is overvalued by the seller as well. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you want to do it, go for it!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
flightposite said:
Though as for the trade... I wouldn't do it. To me, Parker and Nash are not guys that are going to be remembered long after they are done with the game. I think that card is overvalued by the seller as well. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you want to do it, go for it!

Yeah, this is in no way a for sure deal, its just something he "threw out" at me tonight when he stopped by my house after the show. We went in my Garage and checked out the car, he stayed out there about 20 minutes after i came in and pitched this deal to me. He knew i liked the Exquisite dual logoman. Tough to say how those guys well be remembered? They both got a few more years in the league for sure, Parker has some titles and has the women. Who knows? His old lady might get him into acting when he retires and he could become a big American star. Doubtful yes :lol: . Steve Nash will hold a much longer tradition then Parker, imo. Those back to back MVP's will not soon be forgotten. Not many have done that. Heck, Kobe has only won one MVP. Nash just needed a Championship. He was so close for a few years there, very well could have had 3 or 4 in a row, but doesn't. He still has time to win a championship, possibly this year even, but his time is running out. He will be a HOFer for sure and he is an Icon here in Canada. I wish it was Nash/Magic or someone else other than Parker. I put Nash way above Parker.

But the way i look at it
That card is 3-4k maybe less

Cup product 3K ish maybe a few hundy less?

then another $500-$600 card.

I doubt ill do it (I won't do it i should say), gave me something to think about though. Now if i knew i was pulling a $10K card out of the cup, well then... ;) :lol:

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
LT Contenders FTW. The SPA is nice, but it is just a patch card. I really just have a hard time seeing that and Brady's SPA (which is a plain serial number) hold their high value as the years go on. Just my opinion though

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
flightposite said:
trojanfan43 said:
flightposite said:
Can I take C. Neither?

If you are investing and looking for future profit, Brady is not a viable option.

This is not true. Though I don't like the Pats one bit, they will continue to contend. Brady's prices are low since he hasn't played in some time and can easily go up. That said, he wouldn't be nearly the best QB to invest in. You can't say that Brady won't make people some decent money, though.

G

you are should ask for both G$....and some.....you are trading a mint condition street racing classic :cool:

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
flightposite said:
Can I take C. Neither?

This is right on. LT was smoking hot a few years ago; he's washed up now. He's not a full time starter anymore and his cards will continue to go down.
AP is not a good investment because I don't see him having a career longer than 6-8 years, given the number of carries he gets and his running style. The AP will hold its value for longer, but it's not a good "future investment."
I do disagree on Ryan though. He has way too much hype already, and a million autographs. Plus, I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think Ryan is that great. He had a good rookie season, but really did very little in terms of winning games on his own. Every game in which he attempted 30+ passes resulted in a Falcons loss. His SPAs are around $300 as it is. How much higher could they go?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts