Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FEDOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

[center:ag8c8zhu]I really don't think this guy is human.

[youtube:ag8c8zhu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwVYtFBRtrE[/youtube:ag8c8zhu][/center:ag8c8zhu]

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Fedor

I got to see Fedor VS Crocop 2 years ago live in Japan. It was the most intense event I have EVER been to.

There is no one out there who stands a chance against him right now. He is gonna murder Andre in February.

G

Ty Hope said:
I got to see Fedor VS Crocop 2 years ago live in Japan. It was the most intense event I have EVER been to.

There is no one out there who stands a chance against him right now. He is gonna murder Andre in February.

I don't think there could be anything truer said about anything MMA right now.

Ty, you on Sherdog?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Sam Banks said:
[quote="Ty Hope":z39bq1zp]I got to see Fedor VS Crocop 2 years ago live in Japan. It was the most intense event I have EVER been to.

Ty, you on Sherdog?[/quote:z39bq1zp]

Yup, been there for 5 years now. I'm T. Hope over there.

G

Ty Hope said:
[quote="Sam Banks":115wjawj][quote="Ty Hope":115wjawj]I got to see Fedor VS Crocop 2 years ago live in Japan. It was the most intense event I have EVER been to.

Ty, you on Sherdog?[/quote:115wjawj]

Yup, been there for 5 years now. I'm T. Hope over there.[/quote:115wjawj]

I've been on there a few months now. Great site. Same username over there.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Yeah, its the best mma forum out there. Lots of idiots over there, but still some good threads.

G

Ty Hope said:
Yeah, its the best mma forum out there. Lots of idiots over there, but still some good threads.

Yeah, a lot of idiots, and a TON of double, triple and quad posts right in a row. Still haven't figured out what's up with that. I make most of my posts in the Wasteland, which I have found doesn't add to my total post count for some reason.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

IMO,

Fedor is unbeatable by any fighter right now in ANY league...amateur or pro. (now, im not naive enough to say he can never be beaten by anybody, because anything can happen)

The sambo training he has is untouchable, and because of the closeness of sambo (offense) and krav maga (defense) he is protected on both sides.

The guy trains the Russian special forces! If you ever watch Human Weapon, he was on the Sambo episode and is shown training a student, and the Special ops.

He has the speed, and mental knowledge required to keep up with anybody and his mind game is second to none.

Watch how he dismantled silvia. Watch how he knew what his next moves were going to be. He stood over tim for a good 3 seconds before rolling him into the rear naked.

Fedor isnt just a legacy, hes a legend who is more than likely going to be called the greatest MMA (and ill go as far as to say the best prize and overall skilled fighter ever) fighter ever. 28-1 doesnt happen on accident, and he has beaten at least 10 main event caliber people, including the current UFC HW Champion twice.

The only man who can match his hand to hand combat skills is Avi Arad.

The biggest threat to him would be Anderson Silva if they were to ever meet.

Fedor = greatest ever

G

HPC said:
including the current UFC HW Champion twice.

Damn, he's fought Couture TWICE and we all didn't know about it??

Just kidding. I know what you mean. And I agree with everything you said.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio

I agree,He is a freak of nature.He jogs like 8 miles a day and he Sambo is better then anybody by far.He going to CRUSH A.A. in Feb.Also HPC got to disagree about Anderson Silva,Fedor would eat him for lunch.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

I say Anderson because of the BJJ aspect he holds.

BJJ is a big opponent to the sambo/krav game.

He is also super quick and flexible enough to where he should be able to withstand and match fedors movements.

Plus, if they fought at current divisions in a superfight, Anderson would be almost 40lbs lighter than Fedor, who sits at 230-235

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

HPC said:

He is also super quick and flexible enough to where he should be able to withstand and match fedors movements.

Plus, if they fought at current divisions in a superfight, Anderson would be almost 40lbs lighter than Fedor, who sits at 230-235

BJJ a weapon against Fedor?? Well, we all saw how well it worked for Nogeira...twice. lol

A fight with Anderson is never going to happen. Fedor's only competition right now is Josh Barnett IMO. Unfortunetely, Josh recently said that he has no plans to fight Fedor.

G

Ty Hope said:
A fight with Anderson is never going to happen. Fedor's only competition right now is Josh Barnett IMO. Unfortunetely, Josh recently said that he has no plans to fight Fedor.

Yeah, what was his excuse, because they were too good of friends or something like that? What a cop out.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Ty Hope said:
HPC said:

BJJ a weapon against Fedor?? Well, we all saw how well it worked for Nogeira...twice. lol

Rodrigo is also about 45-50lbs heavier than Anderson, and that shakes his ability to move as quick as him. Thats my arguement for Anderson (and im not even really a fan)

Idk about Barnett, he looked outta shape at Affliction to me, but, I havent seen him compete alot.

I actually wouldnt mind a Congo/Fedor fight, although, im sure Fedor would win.

Wow...it seems weird saying that I cannot think of one man who can beat Fedor.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Anderson could never stand with Fedor and he sure as hell wouldn't sub him.

Fedor VS Congo would end in a Fedor submission within 2 minutes.

Josh and Fedor are friends, but I honestly don't think that is the only reason. I have a feeling negotiations fell flat over money. No source, just a feeling I have.

The only other fight out there is Randy, but again Fedor by domination.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

So Ty,

Who in your opinion could take Fedor?

I say Anderson. Who do you have that could theoretically beat him (aside from Josh, or is he your only choice)?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

HPC said:
So Ty,

Who in your opinion could take Fedor?

I say Anderson. Who do you have that could theoretically beat him (aside from Josh, or is he your only choice)?

I don't think Fedor can be beat right now. I've been following his career for years now and he has been extremely dominant in just about all of his performances. I would give Josh the best chance, but Fedor would win the standup. I can't think of anyone else that I think has a shot.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Ill agree with you on him being unbeatable Ty.

Very interesting indeed.

I like Andrei alot and think he is incredible competetor. However, seeing him fight a defensive fight against Nelson, and against Rothwell was a bit disheartening. He got backed up multiple times against Nelson and I thought he was actually afraid to engage Roy and had to try and rely on his conditioning to get him to the ground--which Roy had actually a better advantage on. In fact, the TKO wasnt all that impressive.

Before, Id say Andrei had a shot to beat Fedor, or at least take it into the 2nd round. But now, ill say hes gonna get submitted within minutes, if not seconds.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

From Sherdog, "MMA and Boxing Counterparts":

Fedor Emelianenko = Ray Robinson

Emelianenko’s 28-1 record represents the most impressive run of success in MMA history, especially when you consider the tough competition he’s faced. Although relative inactivity -- just six fights in three years -- and a drop-off in quality opposition have somewhat chipped away at his reputation, Emelianenko remains the ruling heavyweight of his time, despite an inability to secure a mega-fight with Randy Couture or a deal with the UFC.

His last outing, a 36-second stoppage of Tim Sylvia, suggests he’s still as dangerous as ever, even if he’s painfully out of the loop on securing mainstream exposure.

No matter where you fight Emelianenko, he’s going to get the better of you because he’s simply superior in every phase of the game. He has incredible technical skills, backed up by a ton of fortitude and cool-headedness. That’s why he was able to stand and trade with Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and outwork Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on the ground. Simply put, he’s the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, at least until B.J. Penn or Anderson Silva win a title in a higher weight division.

Robinson was the greatest boxer of his time or anyone else’s, for that matter. While he’s largely remembered by fans for winning the middleweight title five times, very little of his prime years -- when he was a welterweight -- were captured on film. Until he lost the middleweight title against Randy Turpin in 1951, he was 128-2-1, including four wins in five bouts with the bigger Jake LaMotta and victories over a slew of other hall of famers and tough contenders. At welterweight, Robinson was virtually unbeatable, as he could outbox you with lightning-quick hands and wicked power. He was also shoe-leather tough if you went toe-to-toe with him, though he rarely needed to with his superior skills.

It was only well past his prime years that Robinson had to show his toughness on a regular basis -– in the early to mid 1950s and beyond. He was well into his 30s, and his natural advantages dissipated to such a degree that he had to slug it out with naturally bigger men. Even then, he was still amazing. He was only stopped once in a 225-bout career.

Members online

No members online now.