Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future HOF fame pitchers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klktbear

Aug 7, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Of the active pitchers that are on Rosters today Who do you think is a future First Ballot HOFer? lets keep it at 3 of your top picks

Mine are

1. Randy Johnson
2. Greg Maddux
3. Roy Oswalt

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Maddog is retired, but yeah

Glavine, Randy, and Pedro are the correct answers, oh and Rivera and Hoffman

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Mudcatsfan said:

...and which roster is ol' friend Pedro on? Also, Glavine is not on a roster he is on the D/L.

About the only 2 who fit the criteria of the OP are Johnson and Rivera (edit not Hoffman as a 1st ballot guy)

Smoltz, Glavine and Pedro are all not on active rosters but should be 1st ballot guys.

Halladay and Santana would be my next two as they are getting close to being "almost-HOFers" in my mind- may not be 1st ballot though.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I really want to see Oswalt get in, but is he going to play after his contract runs out?

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
MaineMule said:
Mudcatsfan said:

...and which roster is ol' friend Pedro on? Also, Glavine is not on a roster he is on the D/L.

About the only 2 who fit the criteria of the OP are Johnson and Rivera (edit not Hoffman as a 1st ballot guy)

Smoltz, Glavine and Pedro are all not on active rosters but should be 1st ballot guys.

Halladay and Santana would be my next two as they are getting close to being "almost-HOFers" in my mind- may not be 1st ballot though.

I would say +1 but people don't like that so I'll say I agree with your post.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Craig - 21hawk said:
imac220 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
imac220 said:
May be to soon to say, but it is scary that Lincecum is so young, and blows away batters like he does

His arm is next

How do you figure?

His motion puts a TON of stress on his arm.

Craig

Craig,

I have to say that I disagree on this one. He has NEVER had pain in his arm. He never even iced his arm until he was a professional....

My arm hurt from the day I was 12. I had surgeory at 18 after my freshman year at Purdue. Some people are just born to pitch, and their mechanics and arm motion just work for them.

I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think his mechanics are bad. But I do wish he would add another 15-20 pounds or so to help his body withstand the constant pounding of pitching.

skrip

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
ballerskrip said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
imac220 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
imac220 said:
May be to soon to say, but it is scary that Lincecum is so young, and blows away batters like he does

His arm is next

How do you figure?

Craig

Craig,

I have to say that I disagree on this one. He has NEVER had pain in his arm. He never even iced his arm until he was a professional....

My arm hurt from the day I was 12. I had surgeory at 18 after my freshman year at Purdue. Some people are just born to pitch, and their mechanics and arm motion just work for them.

I could definitely be wrong, but I don't think his mechanics are bad. But I do wish he would add another 15-20 pounds or so to help his body withstand the constant pounding of pitching.

skrip

I'm not saying he will blow his arm out, but with his size and the power he gets behind those throws he's got a better chance then a lot of guys. Pitching is just such an unnatural motion and I think the odds are against him not having a serious injury at some point.

I hope he doesn't because he's a lot of fun to watch.

Craig

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
There have been many pitchers like this. Kenny Rogers threw 98 at one point.

thenumberonemetfan said:
imac220 said:

His arm is next

Rehren1295

Aug 16, 2008
Craig - 21hawk said:
ballerskrip said:
[quote="Craig - 21hawk":24oq2mj4]
imac220 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
imac220 said:

His arm is next

How do you figure?

Craig

Craig,

skrip

I'm not saying he will blow his arm out, but with his size and the power he gets behind those throws he's got a better chance then a lot of guys. Pitching is just such an unnatural motion and I think the odds are against him not having a serious injury at some point.

I hope he doesn't because he's a lot of fun to watch.

Craig[/quote:24oq2mj4]

There is definitely not a TON of stress on his arm. Lincecum RELEASES the ball, His whole body throws the ball. Sandy koufax threw the ball with his arm, thats why it blew out so fast. Nolan Ryan was another release pitcher, probably why he lasted so long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts