Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves prospect Erik Cordier fractured finger (out 2 weeks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Poor guy can't catch a break. He had a great game going when it happened. 4IP 1H 0ER 0BB 8K. He's starting in Myrtle beach. Article says the injury only gonna cost him 2 weeks.

Baseball: Cordier slowed in minors by finger injury
Atlanta Braves prospect Erik Cordier is dealing with a finger injury and will have to wait a little longer before he receives a minor league assignment.
Advertisement

Cordier, a 23-year-old righthanded pitcher from Door County, fractured the tip of his ring finger on his throwing hand during an exhibition game March 28.

"I was in my last inning, and a batter turned on my fastball, barreled it up and hit it right back at me," Cordier said. "The radar gun picked my fastball up at 94 (miles per hour) and it came back to me at 102. He hit it very hard and I had no reaction time at all."

Cordier is currently rehabbing the injury at the Braves' spring training facility in Orlando, Fla., and will remain there until the finger is healed. Cordier expects to return sometime in the next two weeks.

"I've been rehabbing like crazy, so I can get back as soon as possible," he said. "I just have to let the swelling go down and take care of it. It won't be too long before I get everything cranked up again."

The broken finger is another setback for Cordier, who has battled injuries throughout his professional baseball career. Drafted straight out of Southern Door High School in 2004 by the Kansas City Royals, Cordier missed the 2005 season recovering from a knee injury and the 2007 season with an elbow injury that required Tommy John reconstructive surgery.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Dude is a STUD. I honestly think this is the year that things come together for him and he makes his way into the Braves top 10...

Of course, I have reason for optimism, outside of his nasty stuff

goldcordier.jpg

cordier10.jpg

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
DaleMurphyCollector said:
ballerskrip said:
Dude is a STUD. I honestly think this is the year that things come together for him and he makes his way into the Braves top 10...

Of course, I have reason for optimism, outside of his nasty stuff

goldcordier.jpg

cordier10.jpg

I WANT!!!!!

I have SO MUCH Cordier stuff, (10) blue refs, bgs 9.5 blue refs, refs, chrome autos, black ref autos, ref autos.... on and on and on

depending on price, i might be willing to move some.

skrip

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Does 2 weeks for a fractured finger sound right? It's either not a serious fracture or more of a jammed finger.

Nice stash Ballerskrip. That red is frig'n sweet. I think you'll bank on him eventually. If the baseball gods let him be.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Penno said:
The injury is very unfortunate, but its kinda cool the radar gun read the come-backer at 104 mph though.

I was just happy to hear his fastball is sitting at 94mph in the 5th inning. This year was a big year for him to see if his velocity was going to come back on his fastball from TJS.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
nice stash, wish i still had my 2 golds and red but moved last year when needed cash, still rooting for him

Members online

Latest posts